HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - A sentimental tribute
View Single Post
Old 12-23-2007, 08:44 PM
rybohunter
Giant Nontypical

Default A sentimental tribute

I'm not usually one to bring emotional types of posts here, but this morning a man who played a significant influence on my hunting wayof life passed on today and saying a few words may help me feel a little better.

Bob, my dad's cousin lost his fightfrom complications due to lung cancer. He was an avid hunter, and a good all around person. He took my Dad under his wing, and taught him how to hunt, and gave him that passion that got passed along to me. My earliest hunting memories included many times afield with Bob & my Dad. Whether it was spotting with that old homemade light, sighting in our rifles, or setting up drives during our PA gun season, Bob always had an upbeat personality and a story to make you smile. I got to hunt a lot with him during my younger years, but over time things changed and for one reason or another, trips afield with him became less and less. I'd still see him from time to time, andI was always eager to tell him about my latest hunting season. I could ramble on with a million stories of the little things he did to help those around him, whether hunting related or not, but I just felt acknowledging him and sharing his legacy with you guys would be fitting.

So as I sit here teary eyed, I just like to say thanks Bob, for being a part of, and an influence onmy hunting and outdoor way of life. You won't be forgotten.