Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Elk Locked up #2 >

Elk Locked up #2

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Elk Locked up #2

Old 12-19-2007, 12:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Elk Locked up #2

Not trying to show up GR8 or anythingbut his post got me thinking. I remembered that I had this email about locked up elk as well:

check out these pics of elk.[/align]

[/align]

These two bulls were found last week in Dixon , MT. which is NW of Missoula.
[/align]

[/align]
These two bulls decided to fight through the fence and removed 100 yards
[/align]
of fencing.
[/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align][/align]

Old 12-19-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Elk Locked up #2

Couple more

Old 12-19-2007, 12:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

Sure but my pics are bigger...lol What a shame!!
Old 12-19-2007, 12:27 PM

Dam barbed wire!check this one out

The photograph is real and the incident took place two years before this item began hitting our inbox in October 2006. On 5 October 2004, a moose became entangled in under-construction power lines on Pogo Mine Road leading to the Teck Pogo gold mine about 80 miles southeast of Fairbanks. Officials speculated that the moose caught its antlers in a sagging half-inch cable, then was hoisted 50 feet in the air when the cables were subsequently tightened with a hydraulic winch.

The 1,200-pound bull moose was still alive when the wires were lowered to the ground, but Department of Fish and Game officials deemed the situation too dangerous to allow for tranquilizing the unfortunate animal before removing it from the wires and decided to kill it instead
Old 12-19-2007, 12:39 PM

ORIGINAL: elkslayer338

Dam barbed wire!check this one out

The photograph is real and the incident took place two years before this item began hitting our inbox in October 2006. On 5 October 2004, a moose became entangled in under-construction power lines on Pogo Mine Road leading to the Teck Pogo gold mine about 80 miles southeast of Fairbanks. Officials speculated that the moose caught its antlers in a sagging half-inch cable, then was hoisted 50 feet in the air when the cables were subsequently tightened with a hydraulic winch.

The 1,200-pound bull moose was still alive when the wires were lowered to the ground, but Department of Fish and Game officials deemed the situation too dangerous to allow for tranquilizing the unfortunate animal before removing it from the wires and decided to kill it instead
I thought you were going to tella storyabout how "Todo the Moose" got whisked away in a violent tornado but landed in the high-lines instead of Oz. [8D]