Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What is the best stabilizer IYO? >

What is the best stabilizer IYO?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What is the best stabilizer IYO?

Old 12-18-2007, 11:23 AM

Default What is the best stabilizer IYO?

What is the best stabilizer in your opinion?
Old 12-18-2007, 11:56 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What is the best stabilizer IYO?

there was a poll a little while back, check the search!
Old 12-18-2007, 12:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

I guess it depends on what you plan on using it for. I did not see the above-referenced poll so I do not know which one was the most popular. Stabilizers generally serve two basic functions...1)to aid in balance and aiming and, more recently, 2) to help reduce noise and vibration levels. Many stabilizers do one or the other quite well for any given setup but only one or two will do both well for your bow.

Having said all that, the Sims regular S-coil adorns most of my hunting bows these days because it works fairly well in both categories and is also really inexpensive compared to most of its competitors.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

You need to get the one that works for you and your bow. Try a bunch of them.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've tried, and still own many of the ones I've tried, S-coils, old-school Doinkers, new Carbon Elite Hunter Doinkers, Archer's Choice X-sorbers...

Out of all the ones I've tried on my hunting bows, the one that I've finally settle on is made by Stealth Archery. They're built with a 60/40 weight disbursement, so you can flip the stab over to see which way feels "right" for your shooting style, are available in four inch (8 oz.), six inch (10 oz.) or eight inch (12 oz.) sizes.

While I'm extremely pleased with how they help me aim and point the bow, it's really their sound-dampening qualities that I'm most appreciative of.

I own three of the six-inch Stealth stabs, as well as a custom-order 11.5" Stealth for my 3d rig.
Old 12-18-2007, 02:40 PM

how big of a stab should most be using??? seems to be that with current bows vibe absorption isn't the real problem so much as shot stability and these tiny little s-coil/mini-s-coil style stabs are gonna be pretty much useless for anything other than noise reductions... am i way off base on this???
Old 12-18-2007, 04:54 PM
Boone & Crockett

Like Greg, I've owned many different stabilizers and the thing is, I've never found one I couldn't live without. They are a simple concept. Get one that has dampening properties and feels right on your bow.

Right now on my 3 bows I have a Fuse Axium 10", a 12" Super Stix and a Wild Thing.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer
Right now on my 3 bows I have a Fuse Axium 10", a 12" Super Stix and a Wild Thing.
How do you like you Wild Thing and your Fuse Axium? I was looking at both of those to put on my Marquis. It's going to be for hunting and 3D's. I was leaning more towards the Axium 10" because it's longer.

Mat
Old 12-18-2007, 05:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Love them both. Again, simple concept. The Wild Thing is great for dampening, I actually have it on the Marquis as you spoke of. I have the Axuim on my Allegiance. No cons for either.
Old 12-18-2007, 05:56 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

I've tried, and still own many of the ones I've tried, S-coils, old-school Doinkers, new Carbon Elite Hunter Doinkers, Archer's Choice X-sorbers...

Out of all the ones I've tried on my hunting bows, the one that I've finally settle on is made by Stealth Archery. They're built with a 60/40 weight disbursement, so you can flip the stab over to see which way feels "right" for your shooting style, are available in four inch (8 oz.), six inch (10 oz.) or eight inch (12 oz.) sizes.

While I'm extremely pleased with how they help me aim and point the bow, it's really their sound-dampening qualities that I'm most appreciative of.

I own three of the six-inch Stealth stabs, as well as a custom-order 11.5" Stealth for my 3d rig.
Ditto for me...I use the 6 inch version on my hunting rigs. Good luck.

Quick Reply: What is the best stabilizer IYO?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.