Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-17-2007, 05:03 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2007, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Anyone seeing 2nd Rut activity ?

Oh yeah! There doing some chasing here in Minnesota as well. Its coming to an end though!
Old 12-17-2007, 05:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

The second estrous period is 28 days after the first so depending on when your does came in, now is the time. Perhaps not all the does were bred in the first go around, and depending on when they were in estrous the first time, it's actually slightly late but there are always late comers.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:13 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-17-2007, 05:24 PM
Typical Buck

I think everyone is thinking about the rut in the wrong way. I hunt a bedding area and have been seeing rutting activity non-stop since the 2nd week of Nov. I killed a rutting buck chasing a doe on Friday the 14th, and had been seen this same buck 6 or 7 times in 3 weeks of hunting him. Every time I saw him he was checking or chasing does. I've hunted this bedding area for 6 years now and the same thing every year. As the hunting pressure increases, the rutting activity is more confined to the bedding area. The buck I shot on Friday was chasing a doe like a cow pony trying to corral a cow, but he never let her move more than 125 yds. in the 2 hours that I watched him. If I hadn't shot him, they never would've left the bedding area until well past dark. He finally chased her right to me and presented a shot.
All the does don't come into heat at the same time! I believe if 10 does come into heat the 2nd week of Nov.,and 6 are in heat the 3rd week and 3 come into heat the 4th week, theones thatdon't get bred will come back into heat in21 days I've read. So by using this analogy, their will be doesin heat every week from Nov. through Jan. It may be more subtle later in the seasonas more and more does get bred but if you can stay close to adoe bedding area you will increase your chances of intercepting this subtle rut activity.
This is just my perceptions at my stand over-looking a great bedding area.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:36 PM
Spike

My dad was driving home from Chicago on Interstate 57 last week and saw a giant on the side of the highway with a big swollen neck making a scrape and beatin' up a small sapling.

You tell me????????
Old 12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have been seeing some rutting activity recently. I think there are a few does comin into heat still/again
Old 12-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Fork Horn

Still rutting here in ND. We were out over the weekend and saw fresh scrapes, sparring, light chasing, and even saw a buck have his way with a doe.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:13 PM
Boone & Crockett

I am still wondering where the first rut went
Old 12-17-2007, 07:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope they are done here, dropin antlers already.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.