Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Shot the 82nd Airborne >

Shot the 82nd Airborne

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Shot the 82nd Airborne

Old 12-15-2007, 06:41 AM

Default Shot the 82nd Airborne

PROS

Don't think that the brace height will be a problem as I was shooting the shop bow 2 inches long on the draw and still never touched my forearm. The stopper system must prevent that forward string slapping..........or I just had decent form..........pobably some of both. It is fast for sure........BC read 29" 71lbs 350 grain arrow at 338 fps so it is cookin'. The handshock was similar to the 101st but not real bad considering the speed. The shot was smoother IMO then the 101st...........weird and maybe a personal thing but that's what I felt.

CONS

The draw was less then thrilling at 65lbs and I would never even consider this bow at a 70 lb draw for hunting. IfI do buy one it will be a 60lb max for sure...........now the draw was 2 inches too long so it was hitting me at an awkward spot but everyone else there agreed the draw was kinda stiff.

The bow is a little long for treestand hunting IMO but I doubt it will be much of a problem..........could be a better 3D bow then a hunting bow.

We will see I guess............I'm in no hurry and hopefully some good feedback on these bows will start filtering out there soon.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Shot the 82nd Airborne

Those extra 2 inches will really make the draw cycle seem much more harsh than it is.With the extra 2 inches you are over extending and pulling further into the draw curve than you would be with the correct DL.
[/align]
[/align]Hopefully if your shop doesn't have draw mods in stock he soon will so you can shoot the bow setup for you with the correct DL mods and the correct stop setting.
[/align]
[/align]BTW that's the most love I have noticed you giving a new bow in a...... Well..... maybe forever
[/align]
[/align]
[/align]
Old 12-15-2007, 07:30 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Those extra 2 inches will really make the draw cycle seem much more harsh than it is.With the extra 2 inches you are over extending and pulling further into the draw curve than you would be with the correct DL.

[/align]

[/align]Hopefully if your shop doesn't have draw mods in stock he soon will so you can shoot the bow setup for you with the correct DL mods and the correct stop setting.

[/align]

[/align]BTW that's the most love I have noticed you giving a new bow in a...... Well..... maybe forever

It's nice..........I might even buy one to play around with. Still waiting for a bow to"wow" me though.

I agree on the DL except the only thing that makes me wonder is the 101st (and all the other bows) are at 29" as well and Ididn't get the same feel from them.

They are pretty PO'd that the mods(and bows) have taken so long to show up at the shop.
Old 12-15-2007, 07:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

They are pretty PO'd that the mods(and bows) have taken so long to show up at the shop.
Just keep in mind these are 2008 bows..... Not that many years ago we used to have to wait until the ATA show to see the new goodies!
Old 12-15-2007, 07:58 AM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Just keep in mind these are 2008 bows..... Not that many years ago we used to have to wait until the ATA show to see the new goodies!

I guess with the early "release" ofthe new lineup being so slowly followed by the actual bows (and even then without mods) in shops is themajor difference. I know last year I could have walked out on Christmas eve with a 2007 ready to go...........andthis year that maynot even be possible...........the only difference I guess was how early the "info" on thelines were released.

I would re-think that practice if I were them........JMO
Old 12-15-2007, 06:08 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've shot both the 101st and the 82nd and didn't think they were that harsh at all. I shot 71# in both of them. The 82nd felt better at the shot to me and was quieter and faster.