Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Is the lack of handshock over hyped? >

Is the lack of handshock over hyped?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Is the lack of handshock over hyped?

Old 12-15-2007, 05:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Is the lack of handshock over hyped?

Definitely overpriced and has been for years. Hand shock is over hypedit is good and all but realistically myMathews Q2 shoots just fine.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:48 AM

i don't like a lot of rattlin' going on at the shot, but i need the bow to jump a bit - like matt and tfox and some others have said. i want to know what the bow wants to do. i don't know how i'd finish setting one up w/out it.
Old 12-15-2007, 06:54 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: nodog

ORIGINAL: Jimimac

My feeling on it is a resounding yes! This is something that was hardly if ever discussed until the last few years. I'm not saying it isn't a valid concern. It is nice to shoot a bow that's dead in the hand, but for me, the lack of handshock is pretty far down the list of what is important in selecting a bow. I mean jeez folks. It's a bow. It's not like we are out there trying to tame a .338 mag.

What say you?
Say I, What brought this rise in temperature on? What's made you get heated up?

It's just the evolution ofthe "buy what feels best" recommendation.

I don't care for any vibration so I'd say no it's not over hyped, over priced, yes!

There's some truth in the Harley analogy. When I had one there was a brief period of time when it purred. It had perfect rhythm at idle, bump pada bump pada bump. It was a beautiful thing. Smooth rider and powerful. I'd say a smooth shooting bow is the same way, aint wasting one bit of what it can give.[8D]

I dont think the harley analogy works at all, those things arent smooth nor powerful ever! I think its a horrible comparison to a bow.

PS. Just ribbin ya!