Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Things that you keep buying over and over again? >

Things that you keep buying over and over again?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Things that you keep buying over and over again?

Old 12-14-2007, 09:15 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default Things that you keep buying over and over again?

I know a lot of you guys log a lot of stand time, cover a lot of acreage, travel a lot... Anyway, with all that effortcomes the inevitable destruction of gear.

Some items are SO GOOD, that even though they keep breaking or wearing out or getting lost - you just keep going back out and buying them over and over again.

So, what are the things that YOU have to keep replacing?

Constantly having to replace all this stuff drives me crazy, but there seems to be no way around it.
[ol][*]For me, I ruin a full set of camo every year - it gets some holes, and all the washing takes its toll. I ruined my pants this year, but the coat is still good. So that's a plus.[*]I'll be on mynext set of Alpha Burly Sport Boots this spring.Great boots, but it doesn't take much to rip them full of holes - and flatten out the cushion in the sole. Nothing sucks worse than wearing knee-high rubber boots and STILL having to avoid mud puddles. LOL Mine are swiss cheese.[*]This is my 3rd Handwarmer muff. (keep ripping them apart at the seams).[*]Bow Hooks.Must have bought at least10 million of these over the years. I should probably buy stock in the company.[*] Gear Hoist. These retractable ones are great, but I swear I break at least one every year.[*] Energizer Head Lamp. These things ROCK! But I keep losing them.[*]Summit Replacement Cables. I just keep chewing up the rubber around the knuckles, then it rusts.[*] Cheapo Bushnell 7-15x Powerview Binos - I just keep beating them to death, but at $50 a pair, it's not so bad. I broke the plastic loop on the last pair right where it connects to the harness. Terrible in low light, but...[*]Backpacks. Can anybody make a zipper or sew a seam that doesn't break?[*]Turkey Vest. Can somebody please make a button that doesn't pop through? Or a zipper that lasts a whole season? I get 2 seasons,max, out of a good vest.[*] Folding Limb Saw. Just keep wearing out the blades, and it's easier just to buy a new saw than find a new blade, b/c by the time one blade goes bad, the saw has been discontinued in lieu of a new model. [/ol]
Old 12-14-2007, 09:18 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Things that you keep buying over and over again?

The gear hoist is a little wimpy IMO

Bow hooks[:@]
Saw[:@][:@][:@][:@]
Old 12-14-2007, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Labatts Blue
Old 12-14-2007, 09:27 AM
Giant Nontypical

I buy so many bow hooks and I seem to always forget them in the top of a tree when I use my climber [:@]. So I just usually lay my bow across my lap.

I somehow go through more broadheads and arrows than any other human being. I went through 2 dozen arrows this hunting season and I have ATLEAST 15 different broadheads. AND I only took 3 shots in the woods this year. I guess I just shoot ALOT and I'm VERY picky when it comes to arrows and whatnot.

EDIT:

I counted the broadheads.

I bought:

3 Muzzys
6 Rocket Ultimate Steels
9 Tekan 2's
6 Rage's

I bought the Muzzy's first and they are the only ones that i didn't carry into the woods because I couldn't get them to fly.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

How about a face mask and light, thin gloves. I couldn't keep a pair of those for a whole season to save my life[:@][:@][:@]
Old 12-14-2007, 09:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

what are you doing with all those bow hooks i take mine out when season is over and reuse them next season. just askin!! I wear out saws and boots.
Old 12-14-2007, 09:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

Germ, it IS wimpy, and that's why it sucks. But, before I inevitably destroy it - it's SO nice to not have to untangle all that rope all the time, and keep constant tension on the hoist rope.

You get spoiled by the retractible hoist.See,when you go back to the regular rope, it's sagging all over the place, getting tangled in the bushes...and god forbid you climb up a shagbark hickory... That rope is like a magnet to the tree trunk - then it's all wrapped up in the bark - which REALLY makes memad. LOL

Nothing makes mesteam morethan when I try to pull my bow up into the stand, and it gets hung up on something on the ground. [>:]I cuss the bow. I cuss the rope. I cuss the bush that it's stuck on. The whole way down and back up - sweating now - mad. Nonstop tirade of anger, frustration and utter contempt for the rope.

Bloodcreek: I probably hunt in 20 - 30 different trees every season. I seem to always forget to take out the hooks when I come down. Or I leave them up there deliberately, b/c I plan on hunting that tree again, later. And I lose them. And other people lose them, so I give them away.

BigJim: Gloves - DEFINITELY. I just keep ruining and losing the blasted things. Then, I find them in a coat a year later. [>:]
Old 12-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm always buying new gloves every year. By the time next season comes in I can only find one glove[:@]. I probably have 10 single gloves with no matching pair.[&:]
Old 12-14-2007, 09:38 AM

Old 12-14-2007, 09:42 AM

Gloves.....gloves.......gloves.......

Quick Reply: Things that you keep buying over and over again?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.