Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How cool is your boss? >

How cool is your boss?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How cool is your boss?

Old 12-13-2007, 01:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: How cool is your boss?

There is no leeway at my work. We have a schedule to run 365 days a year/ 24 hours a day. You have to take pre-approved leave and there are no "flex" hours. The big boss at my place is a man with integrity, but is old school, so there are not many pats on the back. Many people leave because it can beat you down, but those that stay I believe are rewarded.

shadow
Old 12-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

My boss is very cool about hunting, and she hunts herself with her family. She totally understands why i never take off until hunting season, and then i take all of my time off spread out in 3 months.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

This was my 1st season with this company. I didn’t know how far to push the limits. I was able to get out an extra ½ hr early one day a week thru archery season. And was able to take an extra day off during the rut (at my own expense). But we at least had a pretty good flex schedule so that helped me to still be able to hunt every day, even if in lesser locations.

I’m already stressed out over next season since our company was just bought and the new owners are MUCH less forgiving regarding flex hours and stuff. At least that’s how the policy reads. And I’m moving to a worse location to allow me time after work each day. But, there are unlimited sick days.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: rybohunter

This was my 1st season with this company. I didn’t know how far to push the limits. I was able to get out an extra ½ hr early one day a week thru archery season. And was able to take an extra day off during the rut (at my own expense). But we at least had a pretty good flex schedule so that helped me to still be able to hunt every day, even if in lesser locations.

I’m already stressed out over next season since our company was just bought and the new owners are MUCH less forgiving regarding flex hours and stuff. At least that’s how the policy reads. And I’m moving to a worse location to allow me time after work each day. But, there are unlimited sick days.
Rybo, theres 10 acres next to mine out here forsale.. Move on out and help me figure these whitetails out..
Old 12-13-2007, 01:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

My x-boss was pretty cool until I fired myself.

My current boss is not all that bad either. I'm typing this while being in front of the PC has nothing to do with my job afterall.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:34 PM
Giant Nontypical

I'm my own boss. I shoulduse this to an advantage but its hard to get away when your working 7 days a week 365 days a year!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

It depends on if he is drinking or not.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

Mine's pretty cool too. As long as I get my work done he doesn't mind if I slide out of work early once or twice a week. Of course there are other times when I have to go out to "the field" and I stop by "the field" for a few mintues and then hall ass to "the tree"!!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 01:47 PM
Site Bouncer

My boss is the greatest!! The coolest dude you ever want to meet. He gives me all the time off I want, lets me cut out early and doesn't mind if I hang out here all day, as long as I get my work done.

He'll give me a raise any time I ask and lets me have a car, company credit card the works!!!

He's a big hansom dude too kinda gruff at times and he puts way too may hours in (70-80 per week) but he is as cool as a boss can get.

He gets to sleep with his secretary and never has to worry about a sexual harassment suit.

He's a hunter too!! Sigh..........great guy.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:48 PM
Site Buck Guru

Mine is very good. I take the entire month of Nov off plus the last few days of Oct, with no special permission which is supposed to be required. I've been doing this for so long that I just write it in our vacation book and go! Usually around Sept each year he just asks me when are you taking off....... like it's a given!

Which it is! [:-]

Quick Reply: How cool is your boss?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.