Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Getting in to the hunting industry????? >

Getting in to the hunting industry?????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Getting in to the hunting industry?????

Old 12-13-2007, 09:05 AM
Spike

Default Getting in to the hunting industry?????

I know there are a few professional hunters on here or hunters who ar maybe in with a big name group my ? is i eat sleep and breathe deer hunting especially archery how does one go about making in attempt to get into the industry i have pretty much been a plumber since i was 16 and am now 24 and just looking to try and take my weekend passion to the next level any help would be greatly appreciated thanks switchback
Old 12-13-2007, 09:09 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Getting in to the hunting industry?????

Question is.....do you need to make any money at it? I think it wouldn't be hard AT ALL to get into the industry. Getting in there and making a LIVING, now.......that may be a conundrum.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

1) Video every hunt.
2) Kill big bucks. Lots of them.
3) Repeat steps 1 & 2.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:26 AM
Spike

well to make it full time money would help but just to be involved in the hunting world would be a dream even without cash problem with videoing the hunts i don't have a camerafor it but if i did get one what do you do with your tapes how do you get in touch with these guys????
Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

Sponsors!!!
Old 12-13-2007, 09:32 AM
Spike

ok my biggest question is who do you contact and how do you try to sell yourself pursay
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Look at it this way.....

A VAST majority of the shows you see on TV......are people who have businesses that pay the bills. For example: Drury Bros. (MAD Calls/Biologic); Primos (Primos calls); Mossy Oak (Mossy Oak Camo and Biologic); Shockey (ammunition); Fred Eichler (Wife owns Muzzy); etc...; etc...; etc...

They have avenues that fund their hunting/production escpades. If left to stand on their own merits.....I don't know how a lot of these shows could make it.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-13-2007, 09:39 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Look at it this way.....

A VAST majority of the shows you see on TV......are people who have businesses that pay the bills. For example: Drury Bros. (MAD Calls/Biologic); Primos (Primos calls); Mossy Oak (Mossy Oak Camo and Biologic); Shockey (ammunition); Fred Eichler (Wife owns Muzzy); etc...; etc...; etc...

They have avenues that fund their hunting/production escpades. If left to stand on their own merits.....I don't know how a lot of these shows could make it.

Jim Shockey got into the business because he was a great hunter....and an outfitter. Along with Fred Eichler....but it also helps having the wife he does.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:39 AM
Dominant Buck

I hear ya droptine. I've got a buddy who owns a strip club

Quick Reply: Getting in to the hunting industry?????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.