Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 12-13-2007, 04:39 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: OUTFITTER hunts

www.grandriveroutfitters.com We do pretty good each year.
Old 12-13-2007, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Iowa Trophy Whitetails is located just south of where I live and they have some of the best hunting ground around here. Judd Cooney owns it and I have talked to him on the phone and he seems to be a nice fella. I think his bowhunts run around $3,500. To much for me to pay but I have some quality ground that I can hunt for free so weigh yer choices.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:44 PM
Fork Horn

My dad and I our outfitters out of Macoupin County Illinois. We only take around 25 Bowhunters only a year. check out our website and if you are interested give us a call www.grahamoutdooradventures.com Lodging and everything that you need less your clothes and hunting gear is all on the property
Old 12-13-2007, 09:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only problem with Iowa is that as a non-resident you're looking at about 3 years wait to get an archery tag. Keeps the deer hunting great, but can make it somewhat difficult to plan/book a hunt with an outfitter. Especially if you want to plan one for next year.

As dukemichaels said - if you're looking for a reasonably priced do-it-yourself type hunt on top quality properties here in IL check out www.bowhuntingwhitetails.com It's nice for the guys who want to go on a good out-of-state hunt and have some freedom to scout and hunt the way they like.

If you're looking for a fully guided hunt with great lodging, food, and 20,000 acres of land check out www.illinoisdeerhunting.com Campbell Illinois Whitetails has some amazing deer and for the amount of land they have it barely gets pressured at all. Their accomodations are top notch, service is great, guides are great, and most importantly their properties are great. I fully intend on going back next year as I was super impressed with my experience this fall. (We're in the process of building them a new website right now, so check back in a week or so for more photos and some better info)
Old 12-18-2007, 09:55 AM
Spike

Check out Honey Creek Outfitters in North Missouri. Over 5000 acres of private land. Go to www.honeycreekoutfitters.com and/or call Kevin Harris @ 660-359-5607 or 816-835-2001.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Forget about Heartland Lodge. I have been there and it was terrible. The accomadations are wonderful, but the success rate was a farce. There were 15 hunters in camp with us and one hunter took a shot and didn't recover his buck. Myself, my father-in-law and my friend saw a total of 9 does in 5 days. The guides were young and inexperienced and my guide in particular didn't want to work at all. The owner of the place graced us with his presence one night of the hunt, and this is no joke, wearing a silk house robe like Hue Hefner. All was blamed on the weather and they would not back it up with any returns. The place is a joke.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:36 PM

i've considered taking my boys on a guided hunt somewhere in the lower midwest when they get a bit older and are able to pull back enough lb-age to make it legal... figure thats another 5 yrs off for the oldest (he's just turning 7), but best to start plannin now i think... any other advice someone could give about it???
Old 12-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Very interesting.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:44 PM

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

any other advice someone could give about it???
If you do go on an outfitted hunt, have reasonable expectations. There won't be a booner standig behind every tree and the outfitter can try his hardest, but you may have a poor hunt because of the animals....not him.
Old 12-18-2007, 12:59 PM

ORIGINAL: SevenMag

i've considered taking my boys on a guided hunt somewhere in the lower midwest when they get a bit older and are able to pull back enough lb-age to make it legal... figure thats another 5 yrs off for the oldest (he's just turning 7), but best to start plannin now i think... any other advice someone could give about it???
Yeah, Wyoming Antelope hunt.

I took my boy last year, and it was a blast. A heck of a lot cheaper than what these guys are getting for a whitetail too! Seen probably 100 antelope per day. We rifle hunted so I'm certain it would be tougher with a bow!

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.