Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Free Firewood!!! >

Free Firewood!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Free Firewood!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Free Firewood!!!

The midwest got hit hard by an ice storm yesterday. My place was no exception. Oak and walnut trees were snapping like matches. Sounded like a combat zone with each snap. From what I can tell, about 30% of my trees were shredded. So, anyone who wants hard wood for their fireplaces are more than welcome to drive up and get some. Just bring me some gasoline for my generator because the electricity has been out since 11:30 on the 10th and I was informed that it'll be "we hope we'll have your service restored in a day or two". Life is good in the country. Posting a thread by generator!!!!

Old 12-12-2007, 09:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Free Firewood!!!

Wow that sucks... Sorry Buddy. Hope you get your power back on soon though.

Ryan.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:39 AM
Typical Buck

Yep, that's a familiar site except for the snow, we got nothing but ice. We got our power back on last night, thank goodness, that generator gas was getting expensive. Lots of peopleare still without and another system is moving through this weekend. 3 ice storms in 7 yrs, guess I ought to be used to it but it still's a hassle.

Stay warm and be safe AF.
Old 12-12-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Just listened to the weather report. Today will remain below freezing and tomorrow we're supposed to have winds at 20+ mph. Looks like it's gonna get worse before it gets better. I also called about having a home backup generator put in and was told I might be able to get one around March. Might be a LONG winter.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:28 AM
Fork Horn

Thats not much fun,we went without electricty for 11 days two years ago. Good luck!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

Same in Kansas, Son in Law called, no electricity, and was watching the limbs break off his trees out the window.
Hope you get your power back soon.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:47 AM

Luckily we got all rain down here. We got our share of nasty ice last year though.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:09 AM
Nontypical Buck

So I shouldn't mention we had temps in the low 70s yesterday and upper 60s today? LOL. Sorry, had to do that. I feel for you and hope the damage isn't too bad. We have ice storms predicted for this weekend though.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:14 AM
Nontypical Buck

AF, I hear you on the generator/firewood! We experience quite a bit of power outages here and we've had some dandy ice storms, the worst in 1996, last winter I think our longest period at the house without electricity was 6 days. We pretty muchneed to have a generator here and firewood, stoves etc comes in very handy! I burn about 10-12 cord a year at my place.

How will your storm affect your wildlife?
Ice storm here in 96 killed massive amounts of elk and deer too.. Shed hunters found herds of elk dead in the spring where the snow had gotten so deep they couldnt get out, they died starving to death in the remote backwoods of Idaho.

Good luck to you guys out there, I hope this all passes soon. I've been keep an eye on it on the news.
Old 12-12-2007, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

Power company just called and told me due to unforeseen circumstances, not to expect them for another week. Gonna be a LONG week.

Quick Reply: Free Firewood!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.