Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
Starting my own show.  Oh yes, it will be sweet. >

Starting my own show. Oh yes, it will be sweet.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Starting my own show. Oh yes, it will be sweet.

Old 01-27-2003, 07:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Starting my own show. Oh yes, it will be sweet.

That's it. Next fall I will start my own show. Maybe this winter if I decide to do any coyote hunting. Like the majority of you guys, I'm tired of seeing the same hunts with guys that have to be spoon fed on ranches. I don't want to use a high tech camera. I dont' want to have special lighting. I don't want to guarantee a deer everytime. Just hunting. And as everyone knows with hunting, you can't guarantee a deer everytime. I want it to be a REAL show. No gimmicks. No BS. A hunting show, and yes...it will be sweet.
Old 01-27-2003, 08:43 AM

Default RE: Starting my own show. Oh yes, it will be sweet.

go james go!
i am assuming that you are fed up with some of the shows. actually dose not sound like a bad idea. make sure you shoot some does and little bucks. that is one thing i like about oh Ted it is real and about BBQ BACKSTRAPS.

Old 01-27-2003, 09:51 AM

Hey,

Guys, lets face it, a show like that won't work. Most hunters don't want to see a 2 hour long video that doesn't have any kills. The Monster Buck videos are produced for enjoyment, and that is what they give. There are always a few bad shots out there that spark threads like this, but, what is amussing is the comments that these videos get.

For instance, this lady that was on Realtrees show on Saturday. She made a bad hit on a deer. Then, people start talking about how they "want a show that shows the truth". How much more truth can be involved here. All of us archers have got a hit that wasn't a perfect double lunger or heart, if you havn't, your time is comming. I am not talking about loosing game either, I am talking about a shot that wasn't perfect. This was shown on the show and people flipped about them "showing this", but yet, archers cry out "I want to see real hunting". Well, that is a real part of hunting.

Also, as a side note, these videos are filmed on 100% fair chase areas. These places DON'T have FENCES. They have just been managed very well. Everyone could get these results if they would practice the same rules that are set up in these areas. I could shoot a 130" or better buck EVERY year if I had enough land to practice these rules. If I let ALL of the little bucks grow, harvested either mature trophy bucks (140" and up) or a management buck (130" to 140" buck that is at his peak but doesn't have as good of genetics), if I could harvest enough doe to keep the herd into a 1 buck for every 1-2 doe, and if I had enough money to plant huge food plots that would give the deer amazing nutrition. There is nothing "special" about these deer, they just eat good and live long.

If you guys want a "real life" video, buy Penns Woods "Hunting With Penns Woods" Deer Hunting Vol 2. Watch that video and then come and talk. This video is all about how as the hosts say "there are NO big bucks in Pennsyvlania" "Letting little bucks walk will result in you not getting a deer ever, because another guy is gonna kill it" ect.... Along with that, these guys use their video as a HUGE commercial. For instance, Penns Woods makes some call called the "Rattle Paddle". The host is talking about rattling up deer and he makes this remark "I'll tell you one thing, rattle antlers are big, bulky, and incredibly dangerous to carry in the woods, thats why I use our new Rattl Paddel, it is small, sounds good, and isn't dangerous like antlers".
Along with that, these guys NEVER wear a safety harness in the trees, they are INCREDIBLY boring, to the point where after about 10 minutes of video, you are falling asleep. O yeah, there is a lady on this show that shoots at a deer with a gun from a treestand. She misses the deer at a distance where 99.99%% of people should be able to pick out a hair on the deer and split it. Well, she shoots again and hits the thing in the rear end, then takes her time before putting a finishing shot in it.

I am telling you guys, watch one of these videos, then watch one of the RealTree Monster Bucks videos, or Primetime Video, maybe even Roger Raglin videos. Then, I wanna hear you talk about which one is better.

Also, on a side note, I suggest that no hunters purchase anything from Penns Woods, these people are ignorant and rude. They have an e-mail on the video that says "e-mail us with questions or comments and we will get back to you soon" Well, I e-mailed them Christmas day after watching that video and let them know how I thought that the video was done in bad taste. Guess what, they lied, I still havn't got a reply. Maybe they couldn't handle the fact that they are no good at what they are doing.

Good Luck This Season: Buck Magnet

Check out my hunting PICS here http://community.webshots.com/user/buckmagnet
Old 01-27-2003, 11:58 AM
Nontypical Buck

That's what I'm talking about BM. I like the shows like Roger Raglin puts out. I also like the Primos' shows. They're great. I just don't think there are enough of them. It seems that those "good" shows are getting to be less and less, and the shows that are out there to make a profit and to advertise are becoming more and more. I don't make perfect shots everytime. And if I was being filmed, I'm sure everyone would see that. I do not hunt behind fences, or on preserves. I do scout year round. I want the people that don't hunt everyday, to see that it takes time and effort to harvest an animal, whether it be a deer, rabbit, or coyote.
Old 01-28-2003, 02:28 AM

buck magnet is right...it won't work. no one is going to watch a hunting program with 2 hrs of you in a treestand paning from you to the ground and not see any game. not only that but you don't know how many hunting hours it takes some of these so called "spoon fed" hunts you're talking about to take an animal. they're not going to show 2 hours of 3 days of gobbly gook before they're successful. they show you a few minutes of being in the field right before they harvest an animal. for the record roger raglin is a bit melodramatic after a kill if you ask me.
Old 01-28-2003, 05:05 AM
Boone & Crockett

I bet if I showed up on James vees program wearing farmer overalls or my usual sweat pants,sneakers,if it is warm no shoes.used female rags to attract the deer.Bring a pizza or pepperoni sandwich with for a snack.Shake a necklace around talk to the animal.And finish it off with a peanut butter treat as I pray over the kill people would watch to see this old Cardeer freak.
Old 01-28-2003, 06:15 AM

Yeah, Cardeer, I'd pay to see that in a heartbeat. You guys team up and make a show. There was a guy from Alaska? last year that was going to do the same thing. I don't know what ever happened to the show, but it sure would have had me watching.

The most important bloodtrail leads right to the foot of the cross
Old 01-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cardeer, you're welcome to come hunt. You'll have to come in September if you're looking for a day warm enough to not wear shoes...but I'd love to get some footage of that.
Old 01-28-2003, 03:08 PM
Boone & Crockett

Anytime I'm ready Mr Vee