Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Based on Atlas thread,What did you do positive this year? >

Based on Atlas thread,What did you do positive this year?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Based on Atlas thread,What did you do positive this year?

Old 12-08-2007, 06:06 AM
Bartender

Default RE: Based on Atlas thread,What did you do positive this year?

Farm in the past that has been the hardest thing for me to do.
I always would tell myselfTONY its the honey hole stand and yep I would hunt it
and usually get those 1 1/2 yr old bucks or zilch. You have to keep the deer guessing and
that is why I am buying the lone wolf tree stand and sticks. They are the lightest out there and
I can make these adjustments. Good Luck
Old 12-08-2007, 06:14 AM

Default RE: Based on Atlas thread,What did you do positive this year?

Went on an out of state hunting trip with my brother and we both scored on nice bucks and had a great time and saw many things for the first time.

I had 2 goals for this season in NY and they were to pay more attention to the wind and use better routes to and from my stands to avoid giving myself away. I followed both very well. Not sure if they helped or not and don't really care, I'm just glad I stuck with my goals.

I put 2 seperate plans together to target specific bucks I had seen on the farms I was hunting. Both plans worked like a charm and 2 excellent bucks for my area hit the ground.

I made EVERY shot I took count.

I stuck with what I knew was right vs. what I wanted to do more then anything in the world and let a deer lay overnight with a minimally questionable hit..........didn't sleep a wink and it sucked but he needed every minute I gave him to expire. I chase that deer any sooner and I probably lose him.

I hunted with my dad as much as he wanted...........and had the pleasure of dragging out a big fat doe he shot.

I hunted with great friends and family.

Found some great spots I am already excited about for next year.