Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does your state allow??? >

Does your state allow???

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does your state allow???

Old 12-06-2007, 09:39 AM

Default RE: Does your state allow???

ORIGINAL: bawanajim

ORIGINAL: _Dan

ORIGINAL: Germ

I know I just find it funny. I accept both pratices. Yes I have killed a deer over a bait pile. She was eating an apple as I recall
So have I...

I have riden Honda's &poked fat girls but I can honestly say I have never had to shoot a deer over bait.

That was many years ago and that's how my grandpa used to do it when I was younger......so I followed. I guess that's why Germ says what he does about the youth in Michigan.

Times have changed and I know a thing or two about deer now.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

NO! Thank God.

I think it is really more prevalent in the south.

Jim, not necessarily true. Down here in SE PA in the special regs areas baiting is now legal. I can't tell you how many piles of corn I've stepped in this year on the way to the stand. What I found interesting is that around here they have corn for sale at D!cks sporting goods, but when I was at my dad's place in Pittsburgh they had it at D!cks there as well, but baiting is not legal over there.

Either way, I know the guys that are baiting and they're not shooting any big bucks so it doesn't matter to me.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

NYS dont allow it because of the fear of a CWD outbreak, old timers say that is used to be legal, but not that i can recall.
Old 12-06-2007, 09:55 AM
Boone & Crockett

I know I just find it funny. I accept both pratices. Yes I have killed a deer over a bait pile. She was eating an apple as I recall
So have I...

I have riden Honda's &poked fat girls but I can honestly say I have never had to shoot a deer over bait.

That was many years ago and that's how my grandpa used to do it when I was younger......so I followed. I guess that's why Germ says what he does about the youth in Michigan.

I was in Grandpa's stand, he baited it for me. Funny thing it was my first and last deer. I would never have it anyway else.

It was a female fawn, I spined her. Dropped right there. I sprinted 3 miles down the two track to get my grandfather. Scared 3 deer of his setup He still laughs at me yelling:

"Grandpa I shot one, I shot one" as I was running down the road. When he ask me how big "Look big next to the bait"[8D] Jim I would not trade that moment for anything
Old 12-06-2007, 10:03 AM
Giant Nontypical

I was in Grandpa's stand, he baited it for me. Funny thing it was my first and last deer. I would never have it anyway else.

It was a female fawn, I spined her. Dropped right there. I sprinted 3 miles down the two track to get my grandfather. Scared 3 deer of his setup He still laughs at me yelling:

"Grandpa I shot one, I shot one" as I was running down the road. When he ask me how big "Look big next to the bait"[8D] Jim I would not trade that moment for anything
Memories can never be replaced or topped! Awesome story Germ!!!
Old 12-06-2007, 10:05 AM

How many people have really shot a big buck off a bait pile anyways? I dont think i have ever heard of anyone doing it. Yo uknow why? Because the bucks arent interested in food during most of the hunting season. They are after that split tail. I use to hunt off a bait pile when i was younger. But like it was said its more of a hastle than anything. Yea i have seen deer come in and eat the bait. But most of the time they come in at night to eat it. Its kind of a waste of money. I dont use bait anymore but i dont see the big deal with using it. So what if you take a deer off of bait. Its part of the game in bagging one. If you say bait is wrong then how is using a call any different? Or puting false scraps out? Theres no difference.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:07 AM
Dominant Buck

Check the very first entry in our bowhunting contest.

I have nothing against it.....and if I thought I needed to do this to aid in my doe mgmt.....I'd bait 'em up in a minute. I've found it EASIER to kill deer when I don't employ the practice, though.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:11 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: peregordusmc

How many people have really shot a big buck off a bait pile anyways? I dont think i have ever heard of anyone doing it. Yo uknow why? Because the bucks arent interested in food during most of the hunting season. They are after that split tail. I use to hunt off a bait pile when i was younger. But like it was said its more of a hastle than anything. Yea i have seen deer come in and eat the bait. But most of the time they come in at night to eat it. Its kind of a waste of money. I dont use bait anymore but i dont see the big deal with using it. So what if you take a deer off of bait. Its part of the game in bagging one. If you say bait is wrong then how is using a call any different? Or puting false scraps out? Theres no difference.
I can tell you this, more than we know
Old 12-06-2007, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Check the very first entry in our bowhunting contest.
Eh?
Old 12-06-2007, 10:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

So have I...

Jim I would not trade that moment for anything
Iwish I couldsay that buot a couple of them girls .[]

Quick Reply: Does your state allow???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.