Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 T.V. Hunting Gone Bad! >

T.V. Hunting Gone Bad!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

T.V. Hunting Gone Bad!

Old 12-06-2007, 09:00 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: T.V. Hunting Gone Bad!

I can't imagine ever having the opportunity to see as many "non" shooter bucks as most of these shows (Tecomate) pass on. I cannot take it seriously. Maybe it's just me... Being from Massachusetts it's nice to see a spike sometimes!
I don't mind Gettin' Close. They have the property and manage it well. I would love to have the opportunity to own or lease that kind of land and be able to put the time in to hunt that they all do. I'd have a scary trophy wall!

Isatarak, you don't have 1/2 dozen rack bucks come running in w/ in 100 yards every single time you rattle and pound the ground w/ your fists?!?! You must be doing something wrong..
Old 12-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Giant Nontypical

Bucktown and others, let's hear what shows specifically you have a problem with. A few have mentioned Gettin' Close. I personally don't have a problem with them, but I could see how they may get old to some. Let's here some others.
Old 12-06-2007, 10:57 AM

Well, even though I have problem with Tecomonte it still beats Grey's Anatomy!!!!!!!! Which my wife watches on Thursday nights, now I have upgraded my cable tv and now have the outdoor ch. I will be spending a lot of time in the other tv room!!!!!!!!! What shows are good on this channel, this my first night with it and I will be off tomorrow b/c my little ones are sick and so am I, so I will be home with the tv on??
Old 12-06-2007, 11:03 AM

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

For the record, I have come to the realization that those shows are about as real as WWE.
And yet it has some the highest ratings, most watched pay per views and one of the largest most loyal fan bases you can have. Go figure?

The truth is a lot of people don't care if something is fake, as long as it is entertaining.

I am getting so tired of this hunting show bashing nonsense, if you don't like them don't watch them, I don't. It doesn't get much easier than that does it? I don't like soap opera's and game shows, so you know what I do. Instead of coming on the internet and whining about how they are rigged or the people can't act I just don't turn the stupid things on. Except the ones on the Mexican channel, those women are HOT!

When you tune into a hunting show what do you expect to see, someone shooting large deer, or someone sitting over an open field or in the woods for hours on end with nothing in sight. And then when they do see one they miss or get busted. Gee, that would be exciting, let me know when that show airs.

NEWS FLASH.......NEWS FLASH..... TV ISN'T REAL...REPEAT....TV IS NOT REAL.....WE NOW RETURN YOU TO YOUR NORMALLY SCHEDULED BROADCAST.

And how bad can the shots they make really be? I mean they recover the deer so it must have killed it.

Paul
Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 AM

Paul you are right, and it is a choice that we have to make, watch or not watch. I agree, the Spanish station, wow!!! They are smokin hot!!!!!!! and can't understand a word they say, but oh well...
Old 12-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Giant Nontypical

All hunting shows are truly entertaining.
I do enjoy watching

Roger Raglin
Wild Outdoors
Primo's
Jim Shockey
North American Whitetail
Archer's Choice

Old 12-06-2007, 12:04 PM

I put the TV on mute.

Paul
Old 12-06-2007, 12:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Elkslayer338,

I grew up watching "Michigan Outdoors", then "The Practical Sportsman". I lived for Thursday nights, it was my favorite night of TV when I was a kid. Watching Bob chow down on the food at the end of the show was probably the best part! Anyway, it was a big part of why I am where I am now. "Get outdoors this weekend, it's a great place to be - see you next week"....

If you don't like certain TV or Video's - let their sponsors know. They are the ones that enable these shows to happen.

Like someone else mentioned - if you don't like what is out there, do it yourself! I did......
Old 12-06-2007, 01:12 PM
Boone & Crockett

Best The Practical Sportsman of all time is when Trost cut up his buck archery tag.
Old 12-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing about shows that bothers me is who they have hunting. I enjoy the AC 99% of the time, but there is a certain "posse member" who couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat and it is frustrating as a hunter who cares about making as quick a kill as possible. I know bad shots happen to all of us, but to miss shots under 25 yards consistently is inexcusable. Another point about the AC is a main face of the show virtually never hits within 10 inches of where the should. Like was mentioned earlier it is followed by a huge smile. At least you could feel bad about gut shooting the animal. It is going to go die a terrible death and you are celebrating? Those are my beefs and it is with that show b/c it is the only one I have been watching lately. Overall I like it and am entertained. I just wish they would practice more and show remorse for bad hits.

Quick Reply: T.V. Hunting Gone Bad!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.