Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Hunting for a career? >

Hunting for a career?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Hunting for a career?

Old 12-17-2007, 08:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Hunting for a career?

ORIGINAL: Chasebaker

Earlier in the thread people said it would get old....HOW?

Isn't hunting an adventure everytime you go out?

I'ld love to host a show.You get to hunt all year around for more things than just Deer....heck you can hunt so much that you couls go for a Super Slam!!

I film,produce,and edit and I'm 14.I even made of list of cources I'm going to take after H.S for filming.I've talked to big names like Scott Peterson of Backland Experiences,Micheal Waddell of Realtree Roadtrips,Paul Biggs of Big Time Outdoors and Own The zone TV,and Steve Scott of Safaris Outdoor Journal.I've been filmed by Reality Outdoor Productions..Knights Reality Check TV.I've met Harold Knight and David Hale.I'm also going to Realtrees Shop this summer to mee Bill,David,Micheal,and T-Bone.
I've gotten into hunting mainly myself and If I can accomplish that then everyone else could!
I think hunting is a passion...and doing it everyday is fine by me...who wants to sit in a office all day?? NOT ME
All I'm saying is being in the Outdoor Industry is morethan a job..its an adventure!!

Thats my 2 cents!
Chasebaker,

When I was 14 I would have been just as gung ho too. Man it would be awesome and exciting to do the things that you are....but now that I am older (I am only 26) and a full time professional, ANYTHING that you HAVE to do gets old and it gets old quicker than you'd think. I still want to go to work, but it still gets old...maybe it will fit your personality, I hope it does, I would hate to see someone with a passion get burnt out!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

I think working full time in hunting would take all the fun out of hunting...I really like my job, but there is a lot of time that i don't care for it at all.....hunting is a hobby that I love and relaxes me..i think if it was your career it would take the Hobby or fun out of it....just my opinion
Old 12-17-2007, 09:49 PM
Fork Horn

Please read my forum on this subject... It is titled ATTENTION All hunters need to read this!

It is my feelings about the hunting industry.... PLease everyone check it out.... It is the real truth...
Old 12-18-2007, 05:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love my job at the hospital and work hate to give it up. I myself would only enjoy guiding turkey hunts because the success percentage here in Iowa would be way better than deer hunts fair chase only. I love deer hunting but I also have a passion for turkey hunting and feel I could do that fulltime in the spring and still not lose my passion for it.

Tony I too use to play alot of softball when I was in the military, I played on three leagues and we would average 15 games a week from March through November. We won our city league and always won the military leagues that we played in. We qualified for the Texas State tourney numerous times but do to military obligations we only got to attend it one time. After a 9 hour drive to Midland Texas a tyrant named Saddam Hussein screwed our chance at glory up by invading Kuwait. When we arrived the phone in our Hotel room was already ringing telling us to return to Fort Hood because we were deploying to Saudi Arabia. 250 teams were invited to the State Tourney and one of them that we had beaten all year ended up in 8th place in the end. What could have been
Old 12-18-2007, 06:02 AM
Bartender

Congrats on the Championships. I got Class D State back in 91 and 92 NSA.
7th in world D NSA sheesh maybe 94.Class C mostly tournaments but nothing big.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Jeff brotha I had the same issue with softball. Before I married I stated I would never give up 12" softball or deer hunting. Well softball became to much when you play 4 nights a week plus weekends. Finally I told me wife when I am 40 I will retire from softball which I did. (41 now) As for hunting she understands especially my vacation
every year the week of thanksgiving. Its a time my side of the family gets together in the great Northwoods of Wisconsin and hunt and just plain have a blast. With us having a cabin now it is that much better and of course
cheaper.
Been there, too, Tony. 250+ games in '99 and '00. Class "C" national Champions in ASA ('99) and 5th in class "B" ASA in '00.

WAYYyyyyy too much softball.....but it was fun while it lasted. I gave it up before 40, though.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:03 AM
Bartender

I have a idea when they have this HNI meet next yeara little softball game on the side if you guys are
coming up. I want the record to show I already picked you and Bob for a team.
ADD Dukemichaels and Justin to that I know they still play also.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:12 AM
Dominant Buck

You wanna take the fun out of hunting?

Go ahead........see if it doesn't take the fun out of it the first time someone TELLS you to go hunting in state "A" in spot "B" on date "C".

That would absolutely ruin it, for me.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am 40 now Tony and only played one tourney this year and we won it. We played just three games and we scored a total 57 runs and opponents scored a total of 11 kinda lopsided if you ask me [:-].....
Old 12-18-2007, 06:15 AM
Bartender

HUH you lost me pal
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You wanna take the fun out of hunting?

Go ahead........see if it doesn't take the fun out of it the first time someone TELLS you to go hunting in state "A" in spot "B" on date "C".

That would absolutely ruin it, for me.
Old 12-18-2007, 06:18 AM
Dominant Buck

Look at the title of the thread, Tony....lol.

(And we WON 13 tournaments in '99)

Quick Reply: Hunting for a career?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.