Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trespassers....... >

Trespassers.......

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trespassers.......

Old 12-02-2007, 03:34 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trespassers.......

Finally caught one this weekend. Gave him hell and told him that we are prosecuting him next time. Dan bumped into this same guyon the neighbors property only 100 yards from my line back during our trip in November, and after checking with the landowner since then he doesn't have permission to be there either.........we are supposed to have exclusive permission. I have pics of the same guy on the game camera as well from November, so I should easily have enough evidence to get him nailed if I catch him again....hopefully he stops now after the reaming he got from me....I'm hoping he got the point.

The deer movement has been slow this weekend.....the first time I haven't seen movement in our plots during daylight this year.I'm thinking I have more trespassers other than him. He did tell me that someone shot a deer off our property last Tuesday close to where I caught him, but said that he didn't know who it was.......just heard the shot and saw the hunter from a distance. No one has permission to be in there at all. I hope it's not the big 7 or 2x big 8's I have running around and have been watching .

I don't care who it is......the next person I find will get prosecuted to the fullest extent allowed.It's a small enough town that one persons name in the paper over this will hopefully spread fast and let others know it's not worth it. I have too much time and $$$ invested to drive 4 hours to hunt and find slobs like this guy, and to be honest it makes me completely irrational and my blood boil. I'm a pretty laid back guy but honestly can't remember the last time I reamed someone like I did with this guy.

Next weekend I'm headed back down there and will be going out with the rifle, camera, and my 2 way radio in case I run into problems. I don't even plan on seeing a deer and probably won't shoot one if I do, I will just bewalking the property looking for trespassers to confront and take pictures of to back up a prosecution.I may use the time to tweak a few stand sites I'vebeen meaning to do for a while now, then I will beall setup for the late archery season as well and can just let it rest for a bit. Hopefully my presence will be acknowledged and make them think twice about coming on the property............and if I get lucky I will catch one to make an example out of.

Here he is in all his glory........this is a game cam picture taken a few weeks ago ofthe same guy I caught yesterday. Little does he now know.....he's plastered on the internet and truly thedefinition of a hunter slob in my eyes........

Old 12-02-2007, 03:37 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 12-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Trespassers.......

Let me know Matt if yer in need of assistance.[:@]
Old 12-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Dumbass........doesn't he know if you're gonna tresspass you gotta be in full camo.

I know the state flower for PA is already the "Yellow-Faced Postedsignia" but they make ones that read "Posted and Patrolled" which I have seen in the woods and they look like they carry a little more bite to them.
It's tough when you are that far away, and my guess is that the people sneaking in know this as well.
Absolutely nail the next trespasser you find, and from what I gather it's not a job of the PGC to enforce, you need to call the State Police just the same as if the guy was trespassing in your backyard.

I'd invest in more new signs and make sure every other tree for the entire boundary was freshly posted as well.

Old 12-02-2007, 03:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

I still like mine "Warning! No Trespassing! Color blind hunter who shoots by sound. Not responsible for death or injury!" It's hard enough when you post land where you live to keep trespassers off, next to impossible when you don't live on the land. Good Luck!
Old 12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Was he not carrying a weapon this time either?

The fact that he was just wondering around is kind of weird. If there was a deer shot there, I'd bet money it was him or someone he knew
Old 12-02-2007, 03:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Dumbass........doesn't he know if you're gonna tresspass you gotta be in full camo.

I know the state flower for PA is already the "Yellow-Faced Postedsignia" but they make ones that read "Posted and Patrolled" which I have seen in the woods and they look like they carry a little more bite to them.
It's tough when you are that far away, and my guess is that the people sneaking in know this as well.
Absolutely nail the next trespasser you find, and from what I gather it's not a job of the PGC to enforce, you need to call the State Police just the same as if the guy was trespassing in your backyard.

I'd invest in more new signs and make sure every other tree for the entire boundary was freshly posted as well.
That's sound advice and honestly I am thinking of investing in the custom tin signs you can get made. They will last longer anyhow and regular paper posted signs aren't cheap anyhow.......trust me I have the place plastered with them now. I was thinking of the custom signs sayingall the standard posted gibberish, as well as "under video surveillance" in bold letters or something like this. I plan to have a good 5+ game cams on the property as well next year and will be setting a few up in specific spots with trespassers in mind.......it will be worth a lost camera or two if I can get enough evidence to prosecute these slobs. I was also thinking of posting a sign at all the major entrance points to the property that say "smile, your on camera". [8D]

Rob - I don't think we will need help, Dad's going to be keeping an eye on things for a while and god help anyone that he gets ahold of on there........lol.
Old 12-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Matt/TN

Was he not carrying a weapon this time either?

The fact that he was just wondering around is kind of weird. If there was a deer shot there, I'd bet money it was him or someone he knew
He said he doesn't archery hunt, the pic I got of him rifle season wasn't open yet. I'd suspect he was scouting I guess......who knows. Funny thing is he's a school teacher at the bottom of the hill. He's parking his car there and walking in that way. If I catch him again his employer will definitely know that he's using their parking lot to trespass and poach on my property, and that he is also carring guns onto PA school grounds. I'm sure that will be a nice little addition to his resume.......
Old 12-02-2007, 03:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

I would recommend leaving the "video surveillance" part out. If you put it in there they'll look for the cameras and then not only do you have trespassers, you have stolen/broken cameras too!
Old 12-02-2007, 04:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Matt (RJ), Ah, Dad is on the job, ya don't need me and I agree, Lord forgive someone your Pops finds.

Quick Reply: Trespassers.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.