Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Cost" of a new bow???? >

"Cost" of a new bow????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Cost" of a new bow????

Old 11-30-2007, 09:17 AM
Dominant Buck

Default "Cost" of a new bow????

When factoring in the cost of a new bow.....and deciding which one to purchase....do you factor in the RESALE VALUE of the bows in question?

Let's say (for the sake of this hypothetical) that you pay $500 for a Bear Element......and the Allegiance would cost you an additional $200.

Wouldn't you recoup your initial extra investment when you went to sell the Ally? In the end.....what did they both "cost" you??

Remember, too....that you had the use of these bows for the time in question, too. Which one would you rather be hunting with?
Old 11-30-2007, 09:20 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: "Cost" of a new bow????

I do not factor resale, as I tend to keep them longer than would allow for a reasonable resale value.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Boone & Crockett

jeff Bows are long term investments, I still have my MQ1 from 1997 for god's sake

I see your point, but no matter what i think you end up losing IMO. Plus a guy looking to save some $ to buy a bow is not going to resale in a year or two.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Rybo hunter. I am looking for a new bow (with a very reasonable price tag), but I am replacing a 20+ year old bow, so I would not take resale into account.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:25 AM

I see your point, but I think....Proportionately speaking, it's the same. Yes, the Bear may have a lower resale value, but it had a lower monitary value from the beginning. Putting it in terms of ratio's, I believe it to be the same.

But, fortunately in my particular case, I just trade even up every year...
Old 11-30-2007, 09:30 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't factor in resale value when buying a new bow. I look at buying a new bow as just an expense because honestly I have never sold one of my old bows. I have given a couple away to friends wanting to get into bow hunting and have successfully converted two. But if I were to sell a bow then I would factor in the resale value somewhat. I am still going to go with the one I want but as you know you can get more money for an Ally than you can a PSE Nova.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Interesting. Learn soemthing, every day.
Old 11-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Boone & Crockett

Jeff Plus being LH, really bones me[:@]
Old 11-30-2007, 09:37 AM
Dominant Buck

Have you seen the resale on LH bows on Ebay?????

I "Think" you'd be surprised
Old 11-30-2007, 09:40 AM
Boone & Crockett

Ebay turn its back on Gun owners, sorry do not even log on anymore. For what i paid for my Bow, losing 30% right of the bat is not worth it to me.

If I see a LH kid who needs a bow I give them the bow. Where do you think my Bowtech went

Quick Reply: "Cost" of a new bow????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.