Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEED TO VENT!!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:16 AM
Fork Horn

Default NEED TO VENT!!

Well we are about to kick off the 2 week cluster of idiots!![:@][:@][:@] I am talking about shotgun season in Iowa. I am not talking about the real hunters out there, just the other 90%the kind of guys who hunt 3 days a year. They all go out together, wound 1/2 the deer they shoot at, and get LUCKY on a big buck once in a while. Then they all gather around the local pub and tell storys of how good they can shoot or howthey are one of the best hunters around. We have a particular group here that consists of 3 bow hunters that have, between the 3 of them have shot 4 deer in their life with a bow 3 of which were button bucks, and wounded several and 11 of there (3 day a year buddys). I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I HATE shotgun season. For those 10% of you guys that are true hunters I am not aiming this at you, and you prob. feel the same way about it.I can't believe more people don't get shot. I feel a little better, thanks for listening. Oh, and good luck to you in the 10%
Old 11-30-2007, 08:31 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NEED TO VENT!!

True hunters, you mean us guys who use long bows or recurves and shoot instinctive with fingers, who stalk our deer not set in a tree???
Old 11-30-2007, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

That is exactly what i am talking about. I have been bow hunting since I was 9 years old. I do hunt with compounds also, but have shot well over 10 deer with recurve several that were stalked. I have a 13 year old daughter who ONLY shoots a long bow won't even pick up a compound.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-30-2007, 08:41 AM
Fork Horn

You have it good in iowa. Our rifle season is still going and it started two weeks ago! Guys in trucks with rifles not shotguns. Atleast your season is not in the peak of the rut two weeks ago. I sit at home during the best time of the year. Iowa has one of the best plans IMO!
Old 11-30-2007, 08:50 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: willyd5

That is exactly what i am talking about. I have been bow hunting since I was 9 years old. I do hunt with compounds also, but have shot well over 10 deer with recurve several that were stalked. I have a 13 year old daughter who ONLY shoots a long bow won't even pick up a compound.
So you are bashing 95% of this board?
Old 11-30-2007, 08:59 AM

Im keeping my big mouth shut for once!!!!!
Old 11-30-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: willyd5

Well we are about to kick off the 2 week cluster of idiots!![:@][:@][:@] I am talking about shotgun season in Iowa. I am not talking about the real hunters out there, just the other 90%the kind of guys who hunt 3 days a year. They all go out together, wound 1/2 the deer they shoot at, and get LUCKY on a big buck once in a while. Then they all gather around the local pub and tell storys of how good they can shoot or howthey are one of the best hunters around. We have a particular group here that consists of 3 bow hunters that have, between the 3 of them have shot 4 deer in their life with a bow 3 of which were button bucks, and wounded several and 11 of there (3 day a year buddys). I don't know why this bothers me so much, but I HATE shotgun season. For those 10% of you guys that are true hunters I am not aiming this at you, and you prob. feel the same way about it.I can't believe more people don't get shot. I feel a little better, thanks for listening. Oh, and good luck to you in the 10%
Are you just trying to get a popcorn thread???? Can you possibly be THAT biased against gun hunters???? I cyber slap you ...
Old 11-30-2007, 09:55 AM
Dominant Buck

I cyber slap you ...
LOL
Old 11-30-2007, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

I am a bowhunter at heart, yet I look forward to the gun season here in Iowa each year as well. I hunt with a group, and enjoy each minute of it. It is a totally different experience than bowhunting or even gun hunting from a stand. IMHO, we are fortunate to have so many options to hunt as we wish, and are equally blessed to have an enormous amount of deer in this state that gives us this luxury. As in any sport, there will always be the few that tarnish the image of the whole, but keep in mind that many of these one-week-a-year-hunters you are cursingare the very farmers that own much of the land we hunt and feed the very deer we hunt with bows the rest of the season.

Quick Reply: NEED TO VENT!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.