Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

NEED TO VENT!!

Old 11-30-2007, 10:57 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: NEED TO VENT!!

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

I cyber slap you ...
LOL

I like that, im going to steal it and put it in my verbal munitions store.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:21 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I feel the same way Willy.

A few properties that we hunt are exlusively ours for bow season, however, once the NJ 6-Day Firearm Season kicks off (Dec 3-8) the farmers come out with everyone that they know and push the crap out of the woods. They killed 16 bucks over 130" last year, in ONE TOWNSHIP, in ONE DAY!

Also, some of the farmers use night permits. They go out with 20g H&R Slug guns, at Midnight - 1 or 2 AM and spotlight the deer. Its legal, however they intentially gut shoot each deer. That way, they dont have to report the kill and have the Game Wardens come check the deer. The deer run in the woods, and die later.

I did a few drives this year and it was fun. HOWEVER, it was fun more becuase I got to spend time with my friends directly. As far as hunting goes, give me a stick and string ANYDAY.
That is just wrong! Gut Shooting!!! Man… that really doesn’t set well IMO. I live in Iowa and do party hunting (mainly for population control, I only shoot the doe’s with a slug gun) plus the meat is nice.

I just got in to Bow hunting and muzzle loading and these are the only ways I will shoot a buck. The deer around here are very thick and people are hitting them with there vehicles everyday, you should see the body shop business this times of year. I am sure it is that way in many parts of the state country.

Party hunting is a slaughter fest it is really not even a challenge; which is why I only shoot at the doe’s. But If I don’t hunt them someone else will. Yeah it is dangerous! I can’t tell you how many of our guys have had to hit the deck

I did a lot of party hunting last year and it kind of left a bad taste with me, several people in my group shot and killed very large bucks just because they new were they were going to be at that time of day.

Yeah the farmers are the ones who let us hunt and I am very grateful, they really do not like the deer (bucks or doe) since they destroy a lot of there prize crops and I don’t blame them one bit. I used to farm 7 years ago.

For me deer hunting has become more of an art rather then a sport.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I love blanket statements, they are so warm and snuggly.

I think we had an almost identical thread yesterday.

Out of all of the pub drinking, no shooting, slob shotgunners I hate this guy the most:

The R on his hatcant' be for Remington because that is clearly a Mossberg, it probably means redneck. What a jerk!!
Old 11-30-2007, 11:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

We have a particular group here that consists of 3 bow hunters that have, between the 3 of them have shot 4 deer in their life with a bow 3 of which were button bucks, and wounded several
Yet the gun hunters are idiots????

Old 11-30-2007, 11:52 AM
Fork Horn

I help my brother-in-law farm so im not slaming farmers at all.
ORIGINAL: IAhuntr

I am a bowhunter at heart, yet I look forward to the gun season here in Iowa each year as well. I hunt with a group, and enjoy each minute of it. It is a totally different experience than bowhunting or even gun hunting from a stand. IMHO, we are fortunate to have so many options to hunt as we wish, and are equally blessed to have an enormous amount of deer in this state that gives us this luxury. As in any sport, there will always be the few that tarnish the image of the whole, but keep in mind that many of these one-week-a-year-hunters you are cursingare the very farmers that own much of the land we hunt and feed the very deer we hunt with bows the rest of the season.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Fork Horn

I never said that it was the gun hunters its the majority of people who gun hunt. Not ALL
ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

We have a particular group here that consists of 3 bow hunters that have, between the 3 of them have shot 4 deer in their life with a bow 3 of which were button bucks, and wounded several

Old 11-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Fork Horn

So then mr. trady you use all trad equipment then like cedar arrows and two blade broadheads and all that right since you need no modern advantages? I never started this thread for it to be a p-ing match and I would think that most of the people on this board are in the 10% i am talking about or they wouldn't be here.
ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

ORIGINAL: willyd5

That is exactly what i am talking about. I have been bow hunting since I was 9 years old. I do hunt with compounds also, but have shot well over 10 deer with recurve several that were stalked. I have a 13 year old daughter who ONLY shoots a long bow won't even pick up a compound.
So you are bashing 95% of this board?
Old 11-30-2007, 12:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: willyd5

I never said that it was the gun hunters its the majority of people who gun hunt. Not ALL
ORIGINAL: GR8atta2d

Dude, it is NOT the majority then ..... if it's the majority, then it Is gun hunters ...... dude, get over yourself ... most gun hunters I know are awesome people and hunters ....
Old 11-30-2007, 12:17 PM
Fork Horn

This is exactly why I rarely post anything on here. If you do and your views are not like someone else's they get all defensive. I have friends who gun hunt too, and I never said it was everyone who gun hunts. Its the treaspassers, guys shooting from trucks, shooting road signs, destroying farmers fences that sort of thing. Maybe its just worse here. So I will take it all back i was upset and guess I just spoke out of turn.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: L. Clement

ORIGINAL: DropTine249

I feel the same way Willy.

A few properties that we hunt are exlusively ours for bow season, however, once the NJ 6-Day Firearm Season kicks off (Dec 3-8) the farmers come out with everyone that they know and push the crap out of the woods. They killed 16 bucks over 130" last year, in ONE TOWNSHIP, in ONE DAY!

Also, some of the farmers use night permits. They go out with 20g H&R Slug guns, at Midnight - 1 or 2 AM and spotlight the deer. Its legal, however they intentially gut shoot each deer. That way, they dont have to report the kill and have the Game Wardens come check the deer. The deer run in the woods, and die later.

I did a few drives this year and it was fun. HOWEVER, it was fun more becuase I got to spend time with my friends directly. As far as hunting goes, give me a stick and string ANYDAY.
That is just wrong! Gut Shooting!!! Man… that really doesn’t set well IMO. I live in Iowa and do party hunting (mainly for population control, I only shoot the doe’s with a slug gun) plus the meat is nice.

I just got in to Bow hunting and muzzle loading and these are the only ways I will shoot a buck. The deer around here are very thick and people are hitting them with there vehicles everyday, you should see the body shop business this times of year. I am sure it is that way in many parts of the state country.

Party hunting is a slaughter fest it is really not even a challenge; which is why I only shoot at the doe’s. But If I don’t hunt them someone else will. Yeah it is dangerous! I can’t tell you how many of our guys have had to hit the deck

I did a lot of party hunting last year and it kind of left a bad taste with me, several people in my group shot and killed very large bucks just because they new were they were going to be at that time of day.

Yeah the farmers are the ones who let us hunt and I am very grateful, they really do not like the deer (bucks or doe) since they destroy a lot of there prize crops and I don’t blame them one bit. I used to farm 7 years ago.

For me deer hunting has become more of an art rather then a sport.
Hmmm, sounds very similar to the way many bowhunters harvest their big deer, which is learning the deerstravel routes and then intercepting them.

Quick Reply: NEED TO VENT!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.