Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 THE main thing that amazes me about a Whitetail Deer >

THE main thing that amazes me about a Whitetail Deer

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

THE main thing that amazes me about a Whitetail Deer

Old 11-29-2007, 04:24 PM
Dominant Buck

Default THE main thing that amazes me about a Whitetail Deer

It's a liitle surreal to me.....chasing these animals, still. Whenever I sit down and think about it.....I think the thing that amazes me MOST about them is their size. Now don't get me wrong....I haven't taken a truckload of huge deer. I'm talking about the sheer size of a "typical" whitetail in my area.

I see them coming, from stand....and I wonder, later, how in the world an animal that size is so gifted and stealthy.....that it can elude human eyes (and other "predators") as well as it does.

They are a worthy adversary.....and simply amazing creatures. God gets an "A+" on this design!

I am alone in this thought? Anybody ever think about this???? It stands out as THE thing that intrigues me about these deer.....in my short time hunting them.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: THE main thing that amazes me about a Whitetail Deer

Magestic comes to mind.

I saw a study once, even in nonhunters the heart rate increases with the mere sighting of a whitetail.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:39 PM
Site Bouncer

I agree....it also amazes me how a simple brown and white paint job can hide them in it seems like any type of terrain. They just seem to blend in perfect.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Giant Nontypical

I try to figure out how they get into such dense thickets with those large bodies and large crowns..... We have some nasty thick around here....

I cant get thru a lot of it on my hands and knees.......
Old 11-29-2007, 04:43 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

I try to figure out how they get into such dense thickets with those large bodies and large crowns..... We have some nasty thick around here....

And on top of that....relatively quietly.....how in the world???
Old 11-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Bartender

It is their world we only live in it.
ORIGINAL: GMMAT

It's a liitle surreal to me.....chasing these animals, still. Whenever I sit down and think about it.....I think the thing that amazes me MOST about them is their size. Now don't get me wrong....I haven't taken a truckload of huge deer. I'm talking about the sheer size of a "typical" whitetail in my area.

I see them coming, from stand....and I wonder, later, how in the world an animal that size is so gifted and stealthy.....that it can elude human eyes (and other "predators") as well as it does.

They are a worthy adversary.....and simply amazing creatures. God gets an "A+" on this design!

I am alone in this thought? Anybody ever think about this???? It stands out as THE thing that intrigues me about these deer.....in my short time hunting them.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:54 PM

ORIGINAL: buckeye

Exactly...........even though the crowns around here are a little smaller it still amazes me some of thebrush they mover through with relative ease.

What I find unreal is that you can be out there withyour sole purpose being finding them andyettheySTILL can sneak up on you.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:56 PM

If you're not 100% on top of your game, they can appear (and disappear) without you even noticing. I cannot count how many times I've looked behind a tree, and then back to the front of it and had deer right in front of me on the game trail I was set up on.
Old 11-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Dominant Buck

Another thing .....

Joe Brooks says a big deer makes a lot of noise coming through the woods. Do you guys that shoot really big deer notice this to be true?
Old 11-29-2007, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

Another thing .....

Joe Brooks says a big deer makes a lot of noise coming through the woods. Do you guys that shoot really big deer notice this to be true?

I can't say I have noticed big bucks making any more noise than that ofyounger buckswith all things being equal....

Want to hear noisy.... Try a yearling buck in dry woods during the rut.... They absolutely throw all caution to the wind as they travel.

[/align]

Quick Reply: THE main thing that amazes me about a Whitetail Deer

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.