Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good.  So I'm looking for a new broadhead. >

Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broadhead.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broadhead.

Old 11-29-2007, 04:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broadhead.

You could use the 1 1/8 blades on your heads if you want a little bigger cut. I know it's not 2", but it is bigger with out buying new heads. Just a thought.
Old 11-29-2007, 05:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broad head.

don't change success . what if you hit bone than you will want it more concentrated the cut to get deeper penetration. 9 for 9 can't ask for better .
Old 11-29-2007, 05:55 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broad head.

You are making the right decision switching.

I agree and have said it for years. There is no reason to waste energy sticking in the ground.

I had the opportunity to talk to Mark and Terry Drury about this exact subject. They said thebasically thesame thing you said when it comes to broadheads. They want the biggest hole going in and use up all the energy so the arrow either passes through or sticks out the other side of the deer. They understand that on a good hit even if they only have an entrance hole the deer will only go at most a 100 yards and they want a 2" hole going into that deer because it causes much more damage than a 1-1 1/4" head will and that is without debate! I believe their work (hunting) speaks for itself with some of the deer they have taken.

Use the energy the bows of today have with a 2" RAGE instead of sticking the energy in the dirt and I promise you will not be dissapointed.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broadhead.

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The rage heads ARE "as advertised". They do some drastic destruction.
I concur 100% - 2" exit holes are hard to argue with!
Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: ArrowMike

You could use the 1 1/8 blades on your heads if you want a little bigger cut. I know it's not 2", but it is bigger with out buying new heads. Just a thought.
To clarify all I've ever used is the 1 1/8"125 grain magnums and I've still blown through every one I've shot and stuck in the dirt. The buck I shot this year went in near the heart, came out the brisket, then blew through the front leg bone before burying in the dirt. I was VERY impressed at this penetration, but do I really need all that for whitetails?

I am not knocking slick tricks at all. I love them. They are the best fixed blade broadhead I've ever used. But I just want to get the most out of my bow's KE.

Maybe slick trick needs to make a 1 1/4" Super Magnum! [:-]

Old 11-29-2007, 06:03 PM
Fork Horn

Here's a thought

If you had the choice of having a 1" hole going through a deer or a 2" Rage hole going through the deer which would you choose?

Pretty easy, a 2" hole without question!

And with the rear opening blades of the Ragethey open EVERYTIME! Huge entrance and exit holes.
Old 11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Annika

Here's another thought: Would you rather have a 2" cut from a 2 blade or a 2" cut from a 3 blade?

I'm seriously considering the Rocket Stricknines over the Rages because they are a 3 blade AND I can get them in 125 grain, which makes my arrows tune better (proper spine, more FOC).
Old 11-29-2007, 07:19 PM

I agree with some of the above, if it ain't broke don't fix it. Sounds like you've had great success, why mess with it?
Old 11-29-2007, 07:23 PM
Boone & Crockett

Rocket Stricknines

What is the web address for there homepage
Old 11-29-2007, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Maybe the energy you are missing out on when you make a clean shot will be utilized on the next shot you make.

A good sweet spot pass thru is one thing but who knows maybe next time you will have to blow thru two ribs rather than slip between them or even need to bust up a shoulder or leg on the exit.

It sure is neat when you have to "pull" your arrow out ofthe ground or a tree AFTER it's done it's job.

Quick Reply: Slick Trick Penetration is TOO good. So I'm looking for a new broadhead.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.