Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Banning shooting in city limits >

Banning shooting in city limits

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Banning shooting in city limits

Old 11-28-2007, 08:52 AM

Default Banning shooting in city limits

I thought some may be interested in this story.

http://www.startribune.com/462/story/1574877.html
Old 11-28-2007, 09:07 AM

Default RE: Banning shooting in city limits

Thanks for the link. I hate this stuff.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Interesting article. I can see where both sides are coming from.

I think the found a good solution. If there is a safe place to shoot then they can. If not, then they will have to shoot elsewhere.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:23 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Interesting article. I can see where both sides are coming from.

I think the found a good solution. If there is a safe place to shoot then they can. If not, then they will have to shoot elsewhere.
Mike I will disagree, it's absurb.

People die everyday from Cars, Smoking, etc and nobody does a thing. I had to become president of our soccer league to get them to banned smoking at our games. These same council members will allow people to smoke it front of our kids. Second hand smoke is a killer and has been proven to kill people. Archery done correctly will not hurt a fly, unless he's in a ten ring.[:-]

I will believe towns are concearned about public safty when they put a banned on public smoking Until than, they are all just blowing smoke IMO
Old 11-28-2007, 09:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, i can see where your coming from Germ. Im just thinking if i lived in a small neighborhood and had a small kid playing in the back yard i wouldnt want some teenagers next door shooting bows anywhere close to my kid.

Thats kind of the extreme i guess...i cant imagine it causing problems. Why couldnt the neighbor go talk to the people next door and make sure they were shooting in a safe direction...its not something where the police or city really needs to be involved...
Old 11-28-2007, 09:28 AM
Giant Nontypical

i can also see both sides of it for one if you miss and we all do you mightgo through someones wall and i know it is a bow but if it wil go through animal it will go through a 1/2 piece of osb fi there lucky some insulantion and 1/2 of drywall i put one through a 4 inch limp one day or you might hit a car or someones kid

but also i can see if soemone has only there back yard the need to shoot there but most backyard are what maybe 10 yards by 15 if your lucky

i was going to shoot in my yard legel to here i think but i can only get about 15 yards and that is if i am at my garage which would catch a lost arrow and if i am on the property line i did not wont to risk it so i don't

and i saw where in i think ky on opening day of gun season a bullet went through this guys house in town

there already trying to get the no shoot law taken from city limits out farther
Old 11-28-2007, 09:30 AM
Giant Nontypical

also t sounded like te guy was telling someone something was illegal that was not when he had no idea of it

my guest is he is anti gun and anti hunting

if i saw a neighbor shooting and if no one was out side i would not care f i had kids out there i would ask them nicely if they would hold of for a bit while the kids play
Old 11-28-2007, 09:34 AM
Dominant Buck

I wonder how many injuries have been caused by stray arrows? If there has been a lot, I could see a need for this law. Which we could only blame on those ingrates who do not insure they are free of anything behind their target. If there is not any documented cases of stray arrow accidents, then this law is just stupid.
Old 11-28-2007, 09:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

I agree with Germ!! How about focusing on real health and safty issue's.How many people died last year of smoking.How many died being shot with a arrow?????Or is this just someones way to get at hunters hmmmmmmm.
Old 11-28-2007, 10:01 AM
Boone & Crockett

Yeah, i can see where your coming from Germ. Im just thinking if i lived in a small neighborhood and had a small kid playing in the back yard i wouldnt want some teenagers next door shooting bows anywhere close to my kid.
If taught correctly I do not see a problem. How about some of these teenagers driving next to your kids? Funny we seem to have an acceptable tolerance for things that kill people.

Cars driving without resonsiblity is an "Accident", with a lot times the driver getting behind the wheel again. Someone shooting a bow in a target is considered a public saftey concearn[&:] We have people driving around with mutlple DUI in townships, but hey lookfor the guy with the bowtech[&:] My all time favorite is PETAFILES, but hey our kids can go to thearpy.

As Stossel says "Gimmie a break"

Sorry Mike not ranting at you, this topic burns my butt.

EDIT:
I have no issues with folks smoking, just don't do it around my kids

Quick Reply: Banning shooting in city limits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.