Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 He must be a bad dude! >

He must be a bad dude!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

He must be a bad dude!

Old 11-25-2007, 07:50 PM
Typical Buck

Default He must be a bad dude!

I was hunting out in the pasture the other night where I can see the neighbors hayfield that's surrounded by woods. The pasture has trees & brush all through it and I can see the tree line that borders the hayfield on "my" property.
I had been seeing deer all day and blew a shot about 2:30pm. Just as it was getting dark there were 2 bucks and about 12 doe out in the hayfield.I had one buck come in behind me and jump the fence into the hayfield.

Just after legal shooting light had passed, but still enough light to see,I see all the deer looking towards the east end of the hayfield. I'm thinking maybe the neighbor was out in the field or a coyote was out. They just kept staring at whatever was out there. I could see 2 doe out in the middle of the field browsing around. All of a sudden the deer on the west end took off they scattered into the woods like they had been shot! All were gone but the two doe when I see it! Nothing but ANTLERS! He came out into the field and started pushing the does all around.

He was out 100-150 yards and in the low light all I could see were white antlers moving all over the place! I know one of the neighbors who has 40acres and has a 161" & 174" bucks on the wall. He says there's at least 1 buck roaming that's in the 180" range, this had to have been him! I've never seen deer run like their scared of another deer. I watched as long as I could see their outline in the field, he was incredible! The terrain is very rolling so I couldn't see him entering the field. The 2 doe were on top of a rise.

Anyone ever seen or heard of anything like this?

Below is a pic and drawing of the fields.

BLUE dots= doe & smallers bucks
RED= Stand location
PURPLE= missed buck 40yds
YELLOW= 2 doe
BLACK= monster buck

Old 11-25-2007, 08:20 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: He must be a bad dude!

!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:25 PM
Boone & Crockett

Like Gregh I have seen it also. Right now everyone knows who the boss is
Old 11-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Nope! Not yet!!

Mat
Old 11-25-2007, 08:43 PM
Typical Buck

Hammerman, Maybe he'll come out a little earlier one of these evening and head your way. Sounds like a great buck! I went out this afternoon (central Illinois) and put out a renzo doe decoy. Got settled in stand around 3.00pm. It was sleeting and raining out. We'll @ 3:15 I see a buck coming over the ridge along the same treeline I am on. Once he clears the ridge and see's the doe decoy he makes a sharp left turn and trotts like he is scared and heads across the field (100yds) and went into timber. I even bleated @ him but he wasn't coming back! Wasn't as big as the one you are discribing but would of been a nice one!

Now you know he's out there.....go get him!
Goodluck!
Crutch