Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 "Better" deer = More remorse?? >

"Better" deer = More remorse??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

"Better" deer = More remorse??

Old 11-25-2007, 04:59 PM
Site Buck Guru

Default RE: "Better" deer = More remorse??

!
Old 11-25-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

What Greg stated is exactly how it is for me.To admire and respect your quarry while at the same time giving it every thing you have to take it's life is something that not many can comprehend.
Old 11-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's refered to as compassion.. Atlas. A trait every human should have but many (sometimes it seems most) do not.

Luckily most (I would hope) hunters understand it.
Old 11-25-2007, 06:04 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

That's refered to as compassion.. Atlas. A trait every human should have but many (sometimes it seems most) do not.

Compassion is something our distractors miss when they see some of the very poor photos that we all see to often. Its hard to see the hunters pride in the killing of a true trophy when tonuges and blood are in the forefront.And of course a bad hat is manditory in all poor photos.[]
Old 11-25-2007, 06:22 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: BigTiny

Have you tried treating these symptoms with grilled backstrap?
Thats what I was thinking too! I understand and hear what you are saying...but at the same time, what is it that you want to feel...? What makes/made you the hunter that you are today...? The challenge!! But I feel ya!
Old 11-25-2007, 08:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

I don't go Hunting to hear the Birds sing or watch the Squirrels play. Happiness is your hand around a big fat antler. Gene Wensel made that statement

Ihave toAgree!!

Dan
Old 11-25-2007, 08:54 PM
Fork Horn

i think we have all felt remorse at one time or another and it is a feeling that may be short lived and for me seemingly passes fairly quickly
Old 11-25-2007, 09:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Respect for the animal and nature, thats what will preserve the hunting tradition. You can easily pick out those people that have it.
Old 11-25-2007, 10:47 PM

ORIGINAL: dukemichaels

I just wondered if you felt any more of that because she was such an old wise gal.

I would hope we all feel it do a certain degree.
Old 11-26-2007, 06:12 PM
Typical Buck

Absolutelty feel remorse or something akin to it. I equate it more to the amount of respect and admiration I have for an animal whose sole job in life is to survive. The fact that I asa bowhunter was able to overcome that is almost pure luck. I had a "buddy" of mine(he hunts also) see a small buck get hit by a car on his way home from hunting one nite. He calls me on the phone as he's driving to tell me about his afternoon sit and just mentions the deer non-chalantly. He also informs me that he dragged it off the road and that it was still alive. I asked him how he put it out of its misery, and he said, "What?" I then said "What do you mean what?" This f'ing guy actually left this poor deer on the side of the road suffering and did nothing about it. Made me so sick that I jumped in my car for the 20 min. drive to where he said it was. I also called 911 to report it to the troopers(since my "buddy" didn't even do that). They promptly informed me that it was being taken care of. Sorry to side track but obviously he misses the respect aspect of hunting such a magnificent creature.

Quick Reply: "Better" deer = More remorse??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.