Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Smartwool vs. UnderArmour socks? >

Smartwool vs. UnderArmour socks?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Smartwool vs. UnderArmour socks?

Old 11-22-2007, 03:48 PM
Fork Horn

Default Smartwool vs. UnderArmour socks?

If you had to buy one would you get the Smartwool Medium weight hunting socks or the Under Armour Cold Gear boot sock (not the thin sock)?
Old 11-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Smartwool vs. UnderArmour socks?

SmartWool
Old 11-22-2007, 03:53 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-22-2007, 04:28 PM
Fork Horn

They both have wool, but the Smaertwool have more. The UnderArmour are 41% olefin and 41%wool.

Anyone know what olefin is?

Thanks
Old 11-22-2007, 04:32 PM

My cold weather sock set up for the Colorado mountains is theSmartwool socks over the thin poly pro liners. If your feet get cold from sitting, then insert the thin footwarmer pads.
Old 11-22-2007, 04:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah I have both, they both keep my feet warm. I really dont have a problem with cold feet.The one thing I do know is any sock, wool,cotton,etc.. are worthless without a GOOD LINER!! IMO!
Old 11-22-2007, 05:11 PM

well i like rocky mountian wool socks, they keep my feet so warm.
Old 11-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: hillbilly archer

They both have wool, but the Smaertwool have more. The UnderArmour are 41% olefin and 41%wool.

Anyone know what olefin is?

Thanks
Basic Principles of Olefin Fiber Production — Olefin fibers (polypropylene and polyethylene) are products of the polymerization of propylene and ethylene gases. For the products to be of use as fibers, polymerization must be carried out under controlled conditions with special catalysts that give chains with few branches. Olefin fibers are characterized by their resistance to moisture and chemicals. Of the two, polypropylene is the more favored for general textile applications because of its higher melting point; and the use of polypropylene has progressed rapidly since its introduction. The fibers resist dyeing, so colored olefin fibers are produced by adding dye directly to the polymer prior to or during melt spinning. A range of characteristics can be imparted to olefin fibers with additives, variations in the polymer, and by use of different process conditions.
Olefin Fiber Characteristics
[ul][ul][*]Able to give good bulk and cover[*]Abrasion resistant[*]Colorfast[*]Quick drying[*]Low static[*]Resistant to deterioration from chemicals, mildew, perspiration, rot and weather[*]Thermally bondable[*]Stain and soil resistant[*]Strong[*]Sunlight resistant[*]Dry hand; wicks body moisture from the skin[*]Very comfortable[*]Very lightweight (olefin fibers have the lowest specific gravity of all fibers) [/ul][/ul]
Old 11-22-2007, 05:28 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks, thats what I needed to know.
Old 11-22-2007, 07:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

Smartwool.I am a huge fan of any thing smartwool.The stuff performs,socks,long underwear,and their warmth to weight ratio is outstanding!

Quick Reply: Smartwool vs. UnderArmour socks?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.