Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

[Deleted]

Old 11-21-2007, 09:58 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2007, 10:03 AM
Dominant Buck

Default RE: Rifle Hunting = lesser quality deer ?

I say, hunt howyou like and dont worry about others. As long as they are doing it legal. I like to hunt with my trad bows, but i would never insist on everyone haveing to do so because of some notion of my way being more sportsmen like.

I shot this guy in the middle of the rifle season with my recurve. Everyone around rifle hunts and I still take quality deer each year. We need the rifles to help thin the herd.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

I say, hunt howyou like and dont worry about others. As long as they are doing it legal. I like to hunt with my trad bows, but i would never insist on everyone haveing to do so because of some notion of my way being more sportsmen like.
x2
Old 11-21-2007, 10:07 AM
Giant Nontypical

It does not bother me in the slightest what weapon someone prefers to use.

We are all hunters and should stand united and not give the anti's any ammoto use against us.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:08 AM
Typical Buck

I think that the Parks and Wildlife Dept have all that planned out. Yes letting little deer grow up will make them bigger..... but on the flip side what if the deer population needs to be thinned out. I usually carry my bow during rifle season here in Tx and only get out the rifle when I am hard up for some meat and havent taken a deer all season (which is the case this weekend). Once I get some meat in the freezer its back to the bow for the rest of the season.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:09 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2007, 10:11 AM
Fork Horn

Myself, I bow hunt exclusively until the last week of the season IF I haven't put enough meat in the freezer I will then rifle hunt.

I don't get much exitement from rifle, MZ, or shotgun hunting, I like to get close.

Still, I don't want to equate what I like to what's good for everyone. Rifles have their place and truthfully, it would be a DISASTER to the deer in my state if the rifle season were shorter. The high density numbers would skyrocket and we would soon face herd collapse, IMO.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Giant Nontypical

My take is this....
I haven't picked up a scoped high powered rifle in 8-10 years to take a deer. I've used pistols, shotguns and "cowboy" type rifles. I don't look forward to the orange invasion each year. I will have my bow this coming monday. I think our gun season is too long and I root for bad weather during it.

That being said, I would never support the idea of removing rifles from our seasonbecause I think people should have that choice of weapon to use during that time. It's a "neccessary evil". As long as there are no safety issues(residential sprawl areas) then let the gunners have at it for a few days. I may not agree with the season stucture, but I'm not going to try and get it outlawed.
Old 11-21-2007, 10:12 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2007, 10:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunt in the way you get joy from.

Most of the time when hunting with a gun the shots are still within 100yards for hunter the 300 yard shot is rare.

I think different people get a thrill in different ways. I shoot a bow and it is exciting but to have the skill to put 5 bullets is an inch at a 100 yards is a huge thrill for me. Its not easy and takes as much practice as hitting a3 inchat 50yards with a bow.

Quick Reply: [Deleted]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.