Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Euromount: pics and instructions >

Euromount: pics and instructions

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Euromount: pics and instructions

Old 11-21-2007, 08:50 AM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Euromount: pics and instructions

Great instructions. I vote sticky.

Saw the eyes section. My bad. Sticky, sticky, sticky.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:52 AM
Dominant Buck

Oh yea, one more suggestion. Bleach with a 40% peroxide paste to remove all grease. It will also get all those small stuborn pieces of meat. Just keep it off the antlers. Many times, this will bleach it to the point you will not want to do anything further to it.

You can also simmer in 3% peroxide. If you do it this way, you will need to touch up the antlers with antler die, or shoe polish.

You will want to do the peroxide trick on everything else. Boar and Bear you have to do this because their thick bones hold a lot of oil and it will leech oil for a year or so if you dont peroxide it.
Old 11-21-2007, 08:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

I added a section on the eyes, Bry. Forgot about that part.

Good tips burnie. I did hose out the brains once - worked well, but I got a little backsplash in my mouth and almost tossed out my lunch. LMAO You can't get the 40% peroxide pastearound here without a hairstylist's or taxidermist's license, so I never tried that.
Old 11-21-2007, 09:15 AM
Dominant Buck

I see one of these in my future. Thanks, Fran.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:25 AM
Typical Buck

my fiance just got her first deer, a nice 11 pointer and i was wanting to make a cool euro for her, thats a great idea, will post pics when i am done! thanks quick!
Old 11-21-2007, 09:26 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-21-2007, 09:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: quiksilver
I did hose out the brains once - worked well, but I got a little backsplash in my mouth and almost tossed out my lunch. LMAO
Oh man! I did that once too, and I DID toss my lunch.On top of the process beingnasty in general, I had letthe skull sit around about a week so it was nice and ripe. I don't have a weak stomach,butthat got me bad.[:'(][:'(]
Old 11-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Giant Nontypical

Fran ..... this couldn't be more timely for me ..... I shot an 8 pointer, and I want to Euro mount it .... thanks for the post! As Bry said, can this be a sticky?????
Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 AM
Typical Buck

I second the carwash method. I've had excellent luck boiling for 20-30 minutes and then picking off any loose tissue and boiling again for 10-20 minutes. Then while it's still steaming, immediately head to the nearest carwash and use hot soapy water to blast off any remaining tissue, including the brain cavity and nasal contents. You may have to pick out a small amount of nasal tissue and bone later but you'll be amazed at how well the high pressure was cleans off the skull. I use no chemicals or paint, and the bone is very clean and natural looking after the pressure wash. I can post pics of a few skulls I've done this way if anyone is interested.
Old 11-21-2007, 11:31 AM

One thing I do is wrap tin foil around the antlers. I cover the antler bases with it very well because once i didnt do that and the bases lost their color.

Quick Reply: Euromount: pics and instructions

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.