Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Does this bother anybody or is it just me? >

Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

Old 11-20-2007, 01:21 PM
Spike

Default RE: Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

Yep...

I mean I don't want to watch 15 hours of recovery, but let us know that you went through it, use it as an education for the hunters out there - kind of like a primer on tracking for some...

Old 11-20-2007, 02:41 PM

agree with the rest of you. One thing that really stands out and makes me want to smack the guys is when they are looking for their deer and then the camera man is in front of them looking back and they act like they just found it over by where the camera man is. "oh look theres my deer, right by the camera mans foot" - its total BS.
Yeah, why do we even have the "What to do after the shot" thread? All you got to do is take a cameraman, and after you shoot a deer, it will be dead right where the camraman is! 10 times better than any trackin dog ever bred!!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:43 PM
Typical Buck

I agree, they are all for ratings and more money in their pocket, not to show us how it is really done.

ORIGINAL: Montyo976

I agree with you 100% I hate fake, staged shots! I would also agree, that Primos is the best at not doing this!
Old 11-20-2007, 02:45 PM
Typical Buck

I agree 100%. I am sure that everyone's always noticed how load they say "here comes a giant buck!" and then they whisper after they shoot the animal. Why would you be loud before the shot and then quiet after the shot??? Do they really think that the viewers are totally stupid or what???
Old 11-20-2007, 03:02 PM
Fork Horn

I will add that, although not a huge fan, Drury outdoors also does a good job of keeping it real!!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:12 PM
Fork Horn

Well, I'm glad I'm not alone. I agree wholeheartedly on most all of the points already brought up. Show it like it is as close to the first person as possible. By that I mean the camera man should really be an extension of the person being filmed as if it is him seeing, shooting, and recovering the animal with no one else present.
Old 11-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Typical Buck

i dont know about you guys but i nearly fell out of the tree with excitement after shooting a big 11 pointer this year and some of these guys shoot great bucks with little or no emotion! not only does it make the show boring, it makes me feel like i have a disorder when i react the way i do after shooting just a doe!!if i ever lose the rush and the emotion, i will give it up, but i dont see that happening anytime soon!!
Old 11-20-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

You guys might want to check out our video and thread on the site here!! The reasons you are stateingare the same ones why we got into videoing and making DVD's!! Walt
WKP!!!
Old 11-20-2007, 04:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's all about selling. Nothing more than a big commercial for whatever call, camo pattern, or scent they are advertising. Nothing more than Infomercials.

And the amount of movement these guys get away with floors me. If I moved that much in the stand I would go a whole season without seeing a deer LOL!

And yes, they do talk too loud.

I wish they would show more of the blood trail. Why can't they do a close-up of the blood trail? Show the bubbles on the leaf if it's a double lung hit. Show a closeup of the arrow if there are stomach contents on it due to a gut shot. And show the entry and exit hole when you find the deer. Replay the shot, and show us the lungs and heart after you gutted it so we can see what the arrow hit. Then tell us how far it went before it crashed. Show us how to cape out a trophy mount, and show the hunter skin, quarter, debone, and process the meat. Maybe even show him actually EATING what he killed for once! You never see that on TV, do you?

I'd also like the camera to show the treestand setup from the deer's point of view, to see how well the hunter blends in. I'd like to see an aerial photo of the land they are hunting, and tell us WHY the hunter chose the stand location he is in. This would make the videos become something hunters could LEARN from, instead of just being "infomercials" for whatever product is sponsoring the video.

Just a few things I'd like to see from hunting shows....
Old 11-20-2007, 04:58 PM
Giant Nontypical

i think they set camares mountad on trees upto getthe shot

Quick Reply: Does this bother anybody or is it just me?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.