Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Busted this morning >

Busted this morning

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Busted this morning

Old 11-20-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Busted this morning

I was hunting this morning on the edge of what i believe to be a bedding area, at about 8:30 i heard what i think was a grunt and then some running in the leaves about 40 yards in front of me, about 5 minutes later 3 does popped out about 20 yards away uphill of me. Shortly after that they skylined me i believe and went runing back where they came from. I am heading out there this afternoon to add some burlap to hide me, but i was curious if i have ruined this spot and if not will it be ok to hunt again. Thanks
Old 11-20-2007, 10:01 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Busted this morning

If the buck didn't bust you, the stand could still produce. Depending on how often your herd is exposed to human presence, as in farmers etc. the does may not be affected much.If you have a small deer population in your hunting area,I'd try a different stand site for a day or two. If you have a large population of deer, then it is no big deal as you may have many deer still come by the stand.