Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
would you enter a p&y? >

would you enter a p&y?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

would you enter a p&y?

Old 01-22-2003, 08:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: would you enter a p&y?

I absolutely would. To me it's about honoring the animal. My name in the book means nothing but the animal deserves his recognition to be listed amoungst the best of the best.

Pope & Young is a private organization. If you cared about the book, you needed to use their criteria. If you chose not to, don't cry you can't join or are being snubbed. Life's about choices.

<font color=blue>Good Luck and Good Shooting</font id=blue>

<font color=red>Rob</font id=red>
Old 01-22-2003, 08:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

I I were to shoot at least 175&quot; than yes, 150-175&quot; probably, anything less, than no.
Bowfanatic that is why they have this criteria, plain and simple these are the rules and they apply to all, and if one cannot meet this criteria, thats why they have the B/C which accepts anything.
Old 01-22-2003, 08:52 PM
Typical Buck

Yes, and i plan on doing it.

Old 01-22-2003, 08:58 PM
Nontypical Buck

Not until it got into the B&C range category. Then I would get it officially score, just to know what it is. Listings aren't really a big deal to me.
Visit My Updated Hunting Page
Old 01-22-2003, 09:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
I I were to shoot at least 175&quot; than yes, 150-175&quot; probably, anything less, than no.
Bowfanatic that is why they have this criteria, plain and simple these are the rules and they apply to all, and if one cannot meet this criteria, thats why they have the B/C which accepts anything.
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

What is , &quot;why they have this criteria&quot;?? Please explain why they have that criteria.

I bowhunt within their &quot;criteria&quot; , but I still wouldn't let them touch my buck. Why is it everytime I give my opinion of Pope & Young , others feel they have to defend Pope & Young? If your goal is to get in their book , go for it!

>>>---Doug--->
Old 01-22-2003, 09:35 PM

bowfanatic,if you shot the worlds biggest buck and didn't enter it it would be considered a fake.ask rompola.but thats a whole other story
Old 01-22-2003, 09:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

If it was a county, state, or world record I would. Not to get my name in some book, I didn't grow the antlers the buck did. Only so others could admire the deer, or see what kind of deer have been taken in XYZ county or something like that.

&quot;Hey ya'll, watch this&quot;
Old 01-22-2003, 10:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, if it was a world record, I could make some money off of it. Maybe get to be on a commercial or something.

&quot;Buy the new Kodiak deermaster buck call! It got me this new world record, and it will work for you too! &lt;smiling with thumbs up&gt;&quot;

&quot;Hey ya'll, watch this&quot;
Old 01-22-2003, 10:36 PM
Fork Horn

Nope, only if it was a record and would make me some money.
Old 01-22-2003, 10:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

<BLOCKQUOTE id=quote<font size=1 face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' id=quote>quote:<hr height=1 noshade id=quote>
bowfanatic,if you shot the worlds biggest buck and didn't enter it it would be considered a fake.ask rompola.but thats a whole other story
<hr height=1 noshade id=quote></BLOCKQUOTE id=quote></font id=quote><font face='Verdana, Arial, Helvetica' size=2 id=quote>

Not true! I would let anyone else score it. There are alot of other circumstances surrounding the Rompola buck.

As for making money from it? Beatty seems to be making money without Pope & Young.

>>>---Doug--->

Quick Reply: would you enter a p&y?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.