Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 How many of you have mounted a deer? >

How many of you have mounted a deer?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

How many of you have mounted a deer?

Old 11-19-2007, 11:05 AM
Dominant Buck

Default How many of you have mounted a deer?

On the wall that is you perves. Ive never mounted a deer and have been hunting for over 25ish years. I was wondering how many of you have had a mount done and what you would consider a mountable deer?

I need to change this a little. I have never had a full mount done. Ive done several Euro mounts myself, but not a full mount. Sorry for the confusion.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:09 AM

Default RE: How many of you have mounted a deer?

Jill and I have 3 at the taxidermist right now, plus others on the wall. What is a mountable deer? To me it would be anything over 130", but to each his own.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:12 AM
Spike

i have one, nice eight point. 120ish..... meant alot because he was my first deer ever. If I get this non- typ he will go on the wall too
Old 11-19-2007, 11:13 AM

I have 5 done, one being worked on from this year. 130's is a good start. But it's your money, and your trophy. I like character a bunch more than score when it comes to taxidermy work.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:20 AM
Dominant Buck

I've been bowhunting a little over 2 years.....and I have my 8 pointer from last year on the wall (though he's only 106+"....he's a good deer for my woods).......my 2007 bow turkey is at the taxi, right now, about to come "home".......and I just took a buck to the taxi that I've been after since I started bowhunting.....during the '05 season.

Kind of a flurry......but I don't see anything going on the wall for a couple of years. I hope to add a pronghorn in '09.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have 3. While nothing is set in stone, any additional ones are probably going to need to top 140"

Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: burniegoeasily

On the wall that is you perves. Ive never mounted a deer and have been hunting for over 25ish years. I was wondering how many of you have had a mount done and what you would consider a mountable deer?
You never mounted a deer and you're sticking to that story too I bet...LOL Remember, any deer you have the "Deer Gods" smiling down on you and allow you to killis a "Mountable Deer". They are true trophys to you and anyone else who knows how hard it is to take one down, no matter what size it is. But, with that said, I have 0 deer mounts due to the fact that I'm picky. Mine would have to hit the 140-145 class buck or bigger before I mount one. But to each his own you know. I am in fact, going to have mounted, my next Doe I kill however. I have plenty of skull caps, just no mounts. But it's just a matter of time before "The Big Buckeye Daddy" comes thru and gets run over by one of my arrows and broadheads.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I don't shoot a buck that I don't plan on mounting. If I want meat I shoot a doe.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:40 AM
Giant Nontypical

I've got alot of things mounted on the wall besides just deer, mounts are so neat looking if you have the right place and space for these to go. They don't have to be big bucks for me to mount them. For instance i mounted my first deer, it was a doe fawn. I have a total of 9 mounts on my walls and also waiting on a bear and my buck from this year thats at the taxidermist. The mounts I have now are 2 bear rugs, 1 shoulder mount of a bear, 1 bear skin tanned, 2 whitetail shoulder mounts,woodduck, 8.5lb pound walleye and a Canadien Moose that use to be the Minnesota state record for bow and arrow, its now #2 in the state. My dad shot the bull moose back in 1987 and when he moved I bought the house andhe figured he'd leave it here being its a pain to move.
Old 11-19-2007, 11:41 AM

ORIGINAL: goherd1111

I don't shoot a buck that I don't plan on mounting. If I want meat I shoot a doe.
+1

Quick Reply: How many of you have mounted a deer?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.