Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Huntings healing properties??? >

Huntings healing properties???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Huntings healing properties???

Old 11-19-2007, 05:50 AM

Default RE: Huntings healing properties???

Without question hunting has healing properties. Thanks for that motown, and I couldn't agree more.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:04 AM
Fork Horn

Huntings healing properties?? Yes Sir, I couldn't agree more. Great post.
Old 11-19-2007, 06:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great post Motown. I lost my Dad in 2001. To this day it still is hard to hunt without him. Every hunt I sit, he is in my thoughts. I thank him while I'm standing over every deer I've gotten since he has been gone. He taught me everything! I'll never be as good as him,but I'm going to try. I miss him!!
Old 11-19-2007, 03:33 PM
Giant Nontypical

The replies are great guys. We really are a Band of Brothers. Its hard to be down when you have friends holding you up.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:45 PM
Super Moderator

Absolutely true. After mom died the morning after Xmas last year, I found myself in the woods a couple of days in January. Gave me lots of time for reflection and thinking. Being alone with nature has a way of making things less complex and soothes the soul. I really believe that.
Old 11-19-2007, 03:56 PM
Site Bouncer

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Guys, after loseing my Dad in June the last two months in the woods have really uplifted my spirits. With tons of time sitting and thinking about the things we did together and the pranks we pulled on each other all thru the years, it brought back many memories of happy times. I have looked to the sky and smiled, I have looked to the sky and cried. I stoped under the seasons first full moon and looked at all the billions of stars in the lords sky and wondered which bright spot my farther was.
I can hear his voice as clear as day in my mind while sitting in my tree. Though I long for his pat on the back anduplifting words, being in Gods creation sooths my soul and puts my mind at ease. If we listen hard enough I think creation will speak to each of us and bring us the comfort our hearts desire. Huntings healing properties?? I think so.
Wow Chris........Great post.

It was actually tough to read that as I felt the same feelings as you andreading your wordsbrought them out again. I can relate and I agree, it's been bitter sweet this year but healing for sure.

I'm thinking about ya bro.
Old 11-19-2007, 04:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

My season thus far has been a roller coaster of emotions - my brother called me in July to inform me that my Dad has cancer - he has been battling it strong for the last few months and everytime I hit the stand I say a prayer for him and my brother/mother - They are 800 miles away and I have made it down to see him once, I left feeling that may be the last I seen him- your post said it all Mo, time in the woods is definitely a healing/spiritual experience
Old 11-19-2007, 05:01 PM
Giant Nontypical

sorry to hear you lost him i love my dad and can not think of loseing him
Old 11-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Guys, after loseing my Dad in June the last two months in the woods have really uplifted my spirits. With tons of time sitting and thinking about the things we did together and the pranks we pulled on each other all thru the years, it brought back many memories of happy times. I have looked to the sky and smiled, I have looked to the sky and cried. I stoped under the seasons first full moon and looked at all the billions of stars in the lords sky and wondered which bright spot my farther was.
I can hear his voice as clear as day in my mind while sitting in my tree. Though I long for his pat on the back anduplifting words, being in Gods creation sooths my soul and puts my mind at ease. If we listen hard enough I think creation will speak to each of us and bring us the comfort our hearts desire. Huntings healing properties?? I think so.
Chris, while I have not suffered the death of my father, I 100% agree with your post. I have been having the most difficult time of my life over the last few months, that being said, when I go into the deer woods ..... I can only explain it as a mental release ..... all situations go on hold for the time I'm out there ...... I don't know if "on hold" is a good way to say it because it's as if they are gone .... when I get home I am absolutely exhausted from the release ...... it's a good tired ...... the tension in my body has left me .... all by spending time in God's created enormity ..... thank you for this post Chris......
Old 11-20-2007, 11:04 AM
Spike

Nice post. I reflect on all of my loved one that have departed to the great mystery. I owe my Father much as he gave me the gift of the outdoors and bowhunting as well. He has been gone for 6 years now and I still think of him when on my stand. all of the life lessons and all of his gifts to me. I try very hard to measure up to him with my own sons. They are all grown up now and I know he is proud of them. Ijust know he is there with me somehow. It maybe he is just in my heart but I can feel him just the same. I have always believed that hunting is more about reflection and the spiritual boost than the actual harvest. When asked why I hunt I reply to recharge my batteries and to stay conected to what counts. Again great post.

Quick Reply: Huntings healing properties???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.