Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 So much for the "High Tech" Myth >

So much for the "High Tech" Myth

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

So much for the "High Tech" Myth

Old 11-16-2007, 10:40 AM

Default RE: So much for the "High Tech" Myth

I think if we truly thought it didn't matter, we wouldn't be discussing whether it matters or not....

I agree w/ you.....I don't think it matters one darn bit....hunter is a hunter, be it longbow, recurve, compound or the cros......hm hm.....crossb........man, I can't even say it.....

In ALL seriousness, I have a tremendous respect for those of you that get it done w/ trad equipment......I can't even hit water standing on the arc w/ one of those things....and, it's absolutely beautiful equimpment.
Old 11-16-2007, 10:41 AM
Boone & Crockett

Mobo I can not hit airwith one
Old 11-16-2007, 10:58 AM

ORIGINAL: Germ

Mobo I can not hit airwith one
That's alright dude.....all you need is the back of your hand anyway......
Old 11-16-2007, 01:16 PM
Fork Horn

I realize that does aren't being reported. I guess I've never had a problem killing a deer with my recurves or longbows. I've killed them with a compound one year just to try it and it was OK but I didn't feel I got an advantage from doing it with wheels & pulleys. About the only thing it did was lengthen my comfortable shot distance to 25 yds. from 20 & under. I still think the hunter makes the hunt and not the equipment. As for needing to kill a buck to feel successful...nah. I haven't felt that way for 20 yrs.
Old 11-16-2007, 02:01 PM

You got to remember to back in the 60s when I started there wasn't as many deer. In a season in the 60s if I seen 20 deer a season I had very a good year. As far as high tech for hunting. I could kill just as many deer with a recurve and make just as good of a shots as do with a compound. The compound hasn't made it any easier for me any way. The only different s I seen over the years is bowhunters are making cleaner kills with pass troughs and are not losing as many deer as they were in the 60s. There are a lot more deer and bowhunters now days. Also bowhunters are a lot more educated on bowhunting. All they got to do is watch the outdoor channel are go to a proshop and learn things that it took me a long time to learn by trial and error because we didn't have thing like that to turn too.

Put them Down