Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Just my luck!!

Old 11-15-2007, 06:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Just my luck!!

Sooo, I went out today in IL to fill my doe tag. My buck tag has been used. I am sitting in my stand at 7:30 and look who decides to bed down 31 yards away.

It is the same big 7 pointer I saw last Tuesday while on stand, but no shot presented itself. He bedded in one spot for over an hour. I got lots of pics. Then he got up and stretched and relieved himself and bedded again 25 yards away. But this time he was mostly behind a big tree. He laid there for a while and got up again and went back to his original bed. This was the perfect spot for him to be in with the wind this morning. The wind came up over the hill and he was just past the crest, so he could smell everything behind him. And he could see out over the whole valley in front of him for 200 yards. Here are some more pics from this morning and a couple from this summer too.

Finally at 11:00 I needed to leave, so I whistled at him. He just looked my way for a second. So I started talking to him, telling him I needed to get out of my stand would he please leave. Finally he stood up and walked away. He had used this bed before.

Old 11-15-2007, 06:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Just my luck!!

LOL!!!! Thats pretty cool. You are lucky you made it out today. Wish I could have. Today was the last day here IL before the orange army invades.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

Cool!
Old 11-15-2007, 07:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats nice... how you get know your deer personally and just politley ask them to move on so you wont scare the crap out of when you leave.lol Thats cool.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

SWEEEEET!!!

Hope fully he makes it through gun seasn and then he'll be an awesome deer next year!!!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Great pics man. Thanks for sharing.
Old 11-15-2007, 08:06 PM

Oh man....that right there is just FUNNY!!!!! I LOVE IT!! Looks like you just might be in the right place.....LOL

Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 PM

LMAO! . .GREAT PICS,AWSOME STORY!!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:11 PM
Inactive

Nice looking deer !! Don't get to know him to welll, next year you won't be able to shoot him, you'll be old pals !!
Old 11-15-2007, 08:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

What was really amazing is the amount of movement and noise I could get away with. It was a little windy so the trees were moving. ButI stood up to pee and he never noticed. I would lean out around the tree he was bedded behind and he didn't see me. I had to replace the batteries in my camera, and the batterieswrapper rattled and crunched, he never looked my way. Even when I wanted him to leave without scaring him too bad, I had to make a lot of noise.

I guess because he never saw anything come in there since he bedded he felt comfortable. He probably checked it out pretty good before I saw him too.The wind was perfect for me so he never smelled me.

Quick Reply: Just my luck!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.