HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Just my luck!!
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2007, 06:41 PM
jmbuckhunter
Nontypical Buck

Default Just my luck!!

Sooo, I went out today in IL to fill my doe tag. My buck tag has been used. I am sitting in my stand at 7:30 and look who decides to bed down 31 yards away.

It is the same big 7 pointer I saw last Tuesday while on stand, but no shot presented itself. He bedded in one spot for over an hour. I got lots of pics. Then he got up and stretched and relieved himself and bedded again 25 yards away. But this time he was mostly behind a big tree. He laid there for a while and got up again and went back to his original bed. This was the perfect spot for him to be in with the wind this morning. The wind came up over the hill and he was just past the crest, so he could smell everything behind him. And he could see out over the whole valley in front of him for 200 yards. Here are some more pics from this morning and a couple from this summer too.

Finally at 11:00 I needed to leave, so I whistled at him. He just looked my way for a second. So I started talking to him, telling him I needed to get out of my stand would he please leave. Finally he stood up and walked away. He had used this bed before.