Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Concrete deer decoy? >

Concrete deer decoy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Concrete deer decoy?

Old 11-15-2007, 06:24 PM

Default RE: Concrete deer decoy?

Somehow I missed the part where the buck got stuck under the concrete deer.[8D]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

(((IMO)))

This is really sad.

I would not have taken the shot. If the deer was that comfortable to come out into their yard in day light hours then obvisouly he wasn't that pressured. I would have done some quick scouting and set up a stand inside the woods. Then I would rattled and grunted him in. It still wouldn't have been as meaningful if i were deep inside the woods but it would have still been better than shooting the deer at 60yds and having it trapped by the deer.
Old 11-15-2007, 07:55 PM

if the deer was fighting the decoy that wouldve been one thing. but it was stuck to it. i mean. if this guy had to take 4 shots to kill this deer, how many have gotten off in the woods wounded? i dont like it one bit. i wouldnt want to be seen with it.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:36 AM
Spike

He had to shoot a captive deer four times? Out of season? That is no more than torture and he should be ashamed. Seems if he can't kill a trapped deer in a more humane way he needs to find another hobby.
Couple of questions, did he put on all that camo so he could look like a big time hunter or does he dress like that all the time? And why do folks run up and lay their gun or bow on a deer? Looks like a lot of posing to me. Absolutely nothing to be proud of.
This is the kind of stuff that gives "hunters" a bad name.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Man thatbuck lookslike General Custer did after he ran thru the middle of the Soiux camp at Little Big Horn with all those arrows!!! Not my preffered method of hunting, butat least he was aMAN about how he took it.I cannot lie, seeing that hog would make at least tell myself, NO NO NO< dont even think about it.

I know a guy that killed a big buck that was hung up in a barbed wire fence and stillboasts to guys around here about it, I bite my tongue every time hear himleave outthat part out about shooting his local legendary big buck.
Old 11-16-2007, 05:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

Idk, i would love to shoot that buck but not under the circumstances. It just wouldnt have the same meaning to me as a buck that I scouted and hunted. I know some people that have killed some deer in situations like this but the fact is that its not hunting at all, just shooting.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:02 AM

He shot this out of season? I never read that. I read another post where it said he was coming home from hunting and the deer was in his yard messing with with the concrete deer so he shot it.

I was going to say I would have shot it without a thought. I don't care if it's in the woods or in my back yard ( I have hunted my back yard before), if it's legal I wouldn't feel bad about it.

I commented on the other thread about it being sad that he took that shot at that distance and shot it in the leg, then took another 3 to finish it off[][:'(]. But if it was out of season![:@] No way would I do that, that is what I own a camera for.

If it was in season though it wouldn't bother me that I shot it in my back yard. I don't know how to break it to some of you guys but most of the state records and really large bucks I have seen shot were not by people that were hardcore and singled out a particular buck and hunted it down and shot it. Most are by your average guy or girl that is in the right spot at the right time and just got lucky. Hard medicine to take, but that seems to be how it works. I certainly wouldn't expect them to not be proud of it.

Paul
Old 11-16-2007, 06:17 AM
Typical Buck

Look at all the bare earth surrounding the area where he was stuck. I just don't buy the story that he shot it , then it suddenly got "stuck" after just getting shot, then he shot it some more. A buck doesn't "fight" a doe decoy, he tries to mount it or scoops it in the side trying to manuvere it into position. Looks like the buck was already stuck for some time and struggling and someone called him to come and shoot it. Depending on how long the deer had been like this and whether or not it was stressed or had broken its back as they often do when thrashing around trying to get loose, it may have been the only option to dispatch the deer. In any case, this is one of those situations I would have kept under my hat.
Old 11-16-2007, 06:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not the sharpest tool in the shed but I don't think it even happened and I'm pretty sure CSI could tear this one apart.