HuntingNet.com Forums - View Single Post - Concrete deer decoy?
View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 06:02 AM
Paul L Mohr

Default RE: Concrete deer decoy?

He shot this out of season? I never read that. I read another post where it said he was coming home from hunting and the deer was in his yard messing with with the concrete deer so he shot it.

I was going to say I would have shot it without a thought. I don't care if it's in the woods or in my back yard ( I have hunted my back yard before), if it's legal I wouldn't feel bad about it.

I commented on the other thread about it being sad that he took that shot at that distance and shot it in the leg, then took another 3 to finish it off[][:'(]. But if it was out of season![:@] No way would I do that, that is what I own a camera for.

If it was in season though it wouldn't bother me that I shot it in my back yard. I don't know how to break it to some of you guys but most of the state records and really large bucks I have seen shot were not by people that were hardcore and singled out a particular buck and hunted it down and shot it. Most are by your average guy or girl that is in the right spot at the right time and just got lucky. Hard medicine to take, but that seems to be how it works. I certainly wouldn't expect them to not be proud of it.

Paul