Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Concrete deer decoy? >

Concrete deer decoy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Concrete deer decoy?

Old 11-15-2007, 03:53 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Concrete deer decoy?

in the back yard fighting the concrete deer
So he ran and got his bow
shot from 60 yards
hit it in the leg
Shot the buck 3 more times to finish him off.
He must be very proud. What a great hunt [:'(].
Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

Wow! What a monster!
Old 11-15-2007, 05:24 AM
Giant Nontypical

What an idiot and what a sad "hunting" tale ~ is my opinion.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:45 AM
Dominant Buck

Well......it gets one to thinking, huh?

First thing I'd wonder is...."where'd he come from"? How can I get set up on this buck? I have deer in my yard from time to time....and I've actually fed them, there. It's off limits to hunting, though. BUT.....I hunt the 24 acres of woods on either side of my 3 acres.....so....I WOULD be wondering how I was gonna set up on this guy.

I sat a stand not 50 yds off my driveway, once......and hunted it one time. It was a place I could get in before work and "maybe" see a deer. never happened....and that's fine. I don't live in the city. My "neighbors" are (around me) on 24 acres, 24 acres, 17 acres and 15 acres.

And for the record.....I shot at my buck I took last Tuesday FOUR times, hitting him 3 times. I'm not ashamed of that in the least.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:06 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: MichaelHunsucker

Aparently the guy was at his grandmothers and saw this buck in the back yard fighting the concrete deer.So he ran and got his bow and shot from 60 yards and hit it in the leg.The buck turned the concrete deer on top of his antlers and got stuck.Shot the buck 3 more times to finish him off.

What a lucky dude and what an incredible buck!
What an irresponsible jagoff for taking such a high risk shot and then needing two more to take out an obviously helpless animal. Here's hoping that what he did was a game law violation there and the F&G folks pay him a visit. A-hole...[:@]
Old 11-15-2007, 06:17 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thats just not right
Old 11-15-2007, 04:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

And for the record.....I shot at my buck I took last Tuesday FOUR times, hitting him 3 times. I'm not ashamed of that in the least.

Yeah, but weren't you in a treestand? And I'm sure your deer wasn't pinned to the ground. Apples and oranges. I've had to shoot a couple deer more than once (and I shot 4 arrows at a doe last year, completely missing with arrows 2 and 3; high-winds and a skinny tree), but none of my shots were 60-yards away, nor at an incapacitated animal, as I'm sure was your case too. I just hope this isn't mistaken for a 'typical' bowhunter.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

If the deer could get away and I took a shotI would be comfortable with, then by all means I would be very proud to show off that deer. That is like sayingI was walking to my stand, getting ready to hunt andI shot this deer, would you guys not be proud of the deer, since you weren't technically hunting.
Old 11-15-2007, 05:43 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Is that hunting? Would you be proud of it?

Great buck though.
Not really but do you know how hard it would be NOT to shoot that buck. It would take a lot of man and I'll admit....I'm not man enough.[8D]Besides, that would be the shortest drag in history.
Old 11-15-2007, 06:19 PM
Nontypical Buck

No freaking way...!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.