Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Concrete deer decoy? >

Concrete deer decoy?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Concrete deer decoy?

Old 11-14-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Concrete deer decoy?

Brings whole new meaning to bragging to your friends about your "rock solid" decoy set up
Old 11-14-2007, 08:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: gzg38b

Great. Now I'm going to have to haul a concrete decoy into the woods. As if hunting wasn't enough work already..... [:@]
LOL! [8D]
Old 11-14-2007, 08:32 PM
Typical Buck

To me it would be like shooting a monster buck that I saw from the road and got out off the hi way (all legal) and simply killed it............It would not be like hunting to me in the least, however that is my feeling, if the kid that shot that buck is happy with the way he did it and was totally legal I say CONGRATS!
Old 11-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Site Buck Guru

Maybe a moat lined with spears around the ornament.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Is that hunting? Would you be proud of it?
No,and no.And honestly, that firstpicture looks like a train-wreck. I don't think I could have posed with it.
Old 11-14-2007, 09:51 PM
Fork Horn

i would probably shoot the deer maybe mount it (probably just do a skull mount) but i just wouldnt feel super great about it esp since he had to put so many arrows in it. as long as he tells it like it is and doesnt thing that because he killed a monster hes the best out there (i hate guys like that) then congrats. that thing is huge.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:06 PM

I'm not sure what to think. I probably would have grabbed the camcorder and got the whole deal on video.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:19 PM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

Is that hunting? Would you be proud of it?

Great buck though.
this question got me thinking....

is it any different than the situation where...say you get out of your truck to go hunting. as you are getting ready a buck starts making his way by you within range. you have to decide whether to shoot him or not.
if you choose to, is that hunting?

im not quite sure i understand that story either....i would be proud of killing a big buck like that, but not if it was actually stuck to the concrete decoration where it couldnt get away, that deer is literally tied down for him to shoot. that is despicable.
Old 11-14-2007, 11:36 PM
TJF
Nontypical Buck

Geez... it is a great buck but the story about makes you want to puke!! [:'(] It has nothing to do with shooting a deer in his back yard. He took a crap shot to start with and finished with2 more that are no where near the lungs. Thank Gawd the concrete deer pinned it for him. He never would have killed it. Yep I would be proud of that!! What a joke!! [&:]

Tim
Old 11-15-2007, 03:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I will probably never see a buck like that in 5 lifetimes.

shadow

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.