Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Cat's out of the bag now.... >

Cat's out of the bag now....

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Cat's out of the bag now....

Old 11-14-2007, 06:50 PM

Default RE: Cat's out of the bag now....

Niceone tkycaller . . .maybe we should pressure congress for a Hunter Pride parade. . ."We're here, we kill deer, get used to it!" lol . . .thanx for sharing the recipe eman
Old 11-15-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yea us guys from Pa. alone could get a million hunter march in D.C. With the rest of you we could make it really big!!!LOL
Old 11-22-2007, 09:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks! I will give it a shot very soon! I got two deer, and accidentally gave my buddy ALL of the backstraps when I dropped him off. Now I have eight several pound packages of ham/shoulders.
Old 11-22-2007, 10:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife won't eat deer meat and I accept that but one day I was determined that I would get her to try it. SO while she was at work I made all the fixins and as she was pullin up the drive, I was pullin the steaks off the grill. So everything was going great, she had eatin half the steak and talkin about how good it was. Even asked if I went to the store and bought steaks. So in mid chew, I break the news to her that it was deer----------she literally threw spit it out on the plate!!!! Half chewed!!! Didn't even finish the bite. And it wasn't one of those, feminine spit it in the napkin, it was a masculin spat using both lungs!!! Can you believe the un-adulterated audacity!!!

P.S. I made her read it before I posted it, but made sure she couldn't delete this post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:34 AM

eman1200...
Congrats on your doe and the popularity of your chili!

Its amazing how much a great pot of venison chili can bring the non-believers to the table for a try! I've been making deer chili for years and cannot keep the tupperware containers in my freezer for more than 2 weeks. My boys and wife eat it, my brother -in-law and his sons love it, my friends and my co-workers at the hospital too!
As soon as hunting(bow)season starts in the fall, I get the same old question now for years" When 'ya makin that chili again?"
I hope you enjoy many years of shooting and cooking your own stuff. Its all good!
Regards.