Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Alpine Archery Soft-loc Quiver???? >

Alpine Archery Soft-loc Quiver????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Alpine Archery Soft-loc Quiver????

Old 11-14-2007, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

Default Alpine Archery Soft-loc Quiver????

I just put a brand new Soft-Loc 3 arrow quiver on my bow and my Wasp SST 100 grain broadheads wont fit under the hood!!?? the two on the side will, but just bairly, but the center one won't slide up into the hood. does anyone else have this problem? I got the quiver off of ebay, it was band new in package, but i got it for $14, and brand new they are around $40. The people i bought it off of had a pile of them, so i am wondering if they had a bunch of factory regects and thats why it was so cheap and my broadheads won't fit?[/align]
Old 11-14-2007, 04:43 AM

Default RE: Alpine Archery Soft-loc Quiver????

The hood on those are very small and I had similar problems. On my old bow, I had the 5 arrow version and it served me quite well. In fact, I liked it so much that when I bought the new bow, I picked up the three arrow model, but found it to be just too small. I ended up going back to the 5 arrow but still carry three arrows.

Fourteen dollars is a heck of a deal. If they have the five arrow version, maybe you can work something out???
Old 11-14-2007, 05:04 AM
Fork Horn

thanks for the info. from what i saw they onlyhad a bunch ofthe 3 arrow models, no 5 or 7 arrow models. i thought about getting the dremel tool out and grinding a little bit away from the inside of the hood to make clearence for my broadhead. they only catch at the very tips of the blades so i don't think i would have to grind much out.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:14 AM

ORIGINAL: mikeshunk

thanks for the info. from what i saw they onlyhad a bunch ofthe 3 arrow models, no 5 or 7 arrow models. i thought about getting the dremel tool out and grinding a little bit away from the inside of the hood to make clearence for my broadhead. they only catch at the very tips of the blades so i don't think i would have to grind much out.
That sounds like a good plan. I really wanted the three arrow quiver because of it's compact size, but it ended up being too compact. lol

Let me know how it works out.
Old 11-14-2007, 05:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the same 3 arrow quiver. I guess my broadheads are not fully 100 % shrouded..the price you pay for stealth and less bulk. I reckon. I love mine!
Old 11-14-2007, 05:34 AM
Giant Nontypical

I have the 5 arrow softlock, it is plenty big, i love it
Old 11-14-2007, 06:06 AM
Giant Nontypical

i have the same quiver and put a bunch of different broadheads in it...longest and biggest were 125gr muzzys..they fit in completely...have to align the blades so they dont hit...but i had no problem getting it to work...and they seat the whole way in and are covered. you can remove the large piece of foam leaving just a thin piece in the hood.
Old 11-14-2007, 06:30 AM
Fork Horn

I took the large piece of foam out of the hood and left the small piece in the top and that didn't help. I also have tried to reconfigure the position of the broadhead every way imaginable and the tips of the blade still catch. like i said, the two on the side fit if positioned right, but the center one cathes. maybe it is the size of my arrow shaft and how it seats into the clips? don't know, but i really like the compact size of it, so i am going to make it work one way or another.