Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Super deer.  Strongest deer ive ever seen >

Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

Old 11-13-2007, 09:30 AM
Dominant Buck

Default Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

I went out Sun. after noon. At about 5:00 I arrow a big doe. It was an easy 20 yard broadside shot. The shot was perfect. The doe jumps, walks 5 steps and lays down in front of me. I watch and think I’m about to go get her when all of the sudden she picks her head up and just sets there. I can see blood everywhere and think, it won’t be long. I set and watched her for an hour. I couldn’t put another arrow in her because of the brush between us. Eventually a group of hogs come down the trail she was on. She jumps up and plays standoff with the hogs. Eventually the hogs just back track and leave. The doe then starts to walk away. I watch and take note where she went. Once she is out of sight, I move out of the area. As she walked away, I could see she was still bleeding, and I could see the entrance and exit wound which confirmed it was a perfect hit. Since she walked off with no problem, I decide to go get her the next morning. First thing Monday morning, I go to retrieve her. I find her laying just where I thought she would be. When I get about 10 yards from her, she jumps up and bolts. I watch in disbelief as she sprints away like a champ. I take note where she went, so after work I might find her. After work, I go back out and find her about 500 yards away from where she was when I jumped her. I gut her and check out my shot to confirm the damage, and it was a perfect shot. Both lungs were taken out and the arrow had passed right through the center of the heart. I’m still in awe. No problem with the broad head, it was a new muzzy three blade. It sliced right through her and caused lots of damage. Out of 25+ year of hunting, I’ve never seen this before. It is unreal. I’m glad I recovered her, but am still amazed at how long she lived after having major damage to her vitals. Has anyone else seen this before. I felt like calling Ripley’s believe it or not.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM

Default RE: Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

That's just crazy! Never in my 32 years of hunting.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:32 AM

Great story! This is yet another huge reason why I consider it a great honor to hunt these creatures!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

I had almost the same expirence, shot a big old doe with shotgun right through the shoulder and took out one lung. This was the last day of season so i had to wait until i could borrow a muzzleloader to finally dispatch her. I waited nearly two days and every time i went to see if she had died i just kept jumping her. I was in awe how far she ran and how long she lived.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is strange!!! CONGRATS on getting her. Now thats one to remember.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Fork Horn

That's crazy man. Not that it really affects anything, but did you happen to weigh her? I didn't know nerves could last that long. Congrats on making a great shot too!
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 AM
Spike

Amazingstory... she must have had some kind of defect or something that allowed her to live on a small amount of oxygen, or her blood clotted more than mostdeer. These deer are way stronger than most people know... I had a buddy take a running shot at a nice 8 point a few years ago.. he said he hit it in the chest, it did a complete flip and laid there for a minute. As he walked up, it took off (left a blood trail spray the whole way) They followed it for 2 miles until it got into a neighbors woods that didn't allow hunting and would not let them retreive it. He was sick over the whole deal, as you can imagine. 3 weeks later during muzzleloader a different neighbor shot a really nice 8 point (netted 149) out of the area where the buck was last seen and noticed it had 2 spots with no hair. (just above the lungs, below the spine, between the ribs) One spot was small (size of a nickel) the othe side was almost as large as a billiard ball.In less than a month both the entrance hole and exit holes were sealed closed, but there was no hair over the wounds. I called my buddy and asked him if "his" buck from shotgun week was running from his left to his right when he shot? He answeed "how did you know that?" I informed him his buck was hanging in front of me in my neighbors barn! Unbelievable.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:49 AM

My father and I had almost identical shots on does this year, liver and offside lung. My dads we finished the next morning, mine was dead after a 100 yards sprint.

After this I am convinced that if a deer bolts and the blood gets flowing, they will expire very quickly but if they dont react and just lay down or whatever, they can last a very long time.
Old 11-13-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

That is nuts! My older brother once had a spike bed for 20 minutes before he died w/ an arrow hole through the center of the heart the whole while, but that is nothing compared to your senario! I am glad you found her.

All I can say is you NEVER EVER know FOR SURE what will happen....EVER.

Quick Reply: Super deer. Strongest deer ive ever seen

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.