Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 MQ32 New Bow for me >

MQ32 New Bow for me

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

MQ32 New Bow for me

Old 11-13-2007, 09:11 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default MQ32 New Bow for me

Well - a freind was selling his old bow today at work - and while I've never been a bow-snob - I knew I needed an upgrade and definitely knew the Mathews was a good name. So when I saw the Bow - and heard the price - the MQ32 ended up in my car for the ride home.

Anyone have any tips for a new Mathews owner?

I know its an older model - but so far I like what I see.

FH
Old 11-13-2007, 09:37 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: MQ32 New Bow for me

Great bow. I shoot an MQ1. It's getting to be an old-timer, but it works great and still gets me trophies in the 3D tournamentsand in the field.
Old 11-13-2007, 10:06 PM

I had a mathews bow, till I let it go. Now I kind of wish I had not. there is only 2 things on the mathews bows that I dont like, one I came to dislike and the other wont mater deer hunting. the grip is the first one, it looks reall nice in the shop but get it out to a shooting range bare handed and the slightest sweat and that grip might as well be glass w/ teflon coating. it got that slick on me. you can get camo gloves with the little black sticky dots or get a replacement grip, like a torqueless grip put on. that ought to fix it.

other than that the bow really was the nicest on the market.
Old 11-13-2007, 11:39 PM
Typical Buck

yeah i still shoot a blk max and mq1...love both...the mq1 is my dart shooter..
nothing but tight groups...period
Old 11-14-2007, 03:33 AM
Giant Nontypical

I almost bought an MQ-32 years back, but like several up above, went with the MQ-1... they're great bows, for sure.

As far as suggestions/tips? Definitely look at the string... If it's the original, it DEFINITELY needs to be replaced -- and not with a stock Zebra string. There's too many other high-quality offerings on the market these days that won't continually creep and/or stretch on you. www.vaportrailsarchery.com is a good place to start looking, and they've got a great whiz-bang color selector chart on their strings page to help you decide.

I'd personally take that grip off, too... and get an aftermarket one. There's a guy named Tronjo on Archery Talk whom you can PM and he'll make you one specifically for it that's a lot thinner which will help you not impart torque onto your new baby.

Other than those two "tips"... enjoy your bow! They're sweet shooters, and if the price was right, you certainly picked up a nice model!