Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 first day in new house... >

first day in new house...

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

first day in new house...

Old 11-12-2007, 05:28 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default first day in new house...

as alot of you may know, the parents decided to move this year...actually just finished moving in saturday...long story..but we moved to the next town...

i grew up "scouting" the woods as a kid when we used to live in the same area, just different neighborhood and wood access...killed my first turkey in them woods, dad and i ran coon hounds back there since i was a younnnngin...

many of you also may know about the orchard i speak of hunting...only ever saw 2 scrub bucks in it last year..though i know some bigger bucks use it...

well, those woods are now my BACK YARD...and that orchard is up the hill across the coldisack...

my sister snapped these pics Sunday, our first day in the new house

crappy pics..but it was out the window and kinda far for a free hand shot..

it was a young buck, but a buck none the less...spike an a brow on the left side, other side had the brow and was snapped off just above it...

he came out of a small neighborhood park right across the road...there aint hardly ANY woods over there..but im going to watch that tiny finger HARD...my orchard stand is beyond that gaurdrail just up the hill...i cant see that small hillside between the road and creek though..every time in there, i thought i heard deer, just couldnt see them...

which will put an awesome pinch point right behind the neighbors house..going to do some observing for now on....

nice to see a buck the first day in the house...

really want to put a feeder out back..but dont know...i dont wanna hear noone crying when im hunting back there, even though it would be legal if gone 30 days prior to the season...not to mention my dog will go bonkers if he sees a deer through the sliding glass doors that look out back

just thought id share....

moving was a major PIA...but we started unpacking Sunday...kitchen and both living rooms are done, as well as parents room and sisters room...just my room gotta be done lol...i was busy moving stuff and didnt have time to work on my room and my hunting room...

cant wait to see whatelse we see...digital cameras will be placed on all windows...just incase
Old 11-12-2007, 05:49 PM

Default RE: first day in new house...

Cool...maybe put out a blind that looks just like one of those bushes.
Old 11-12-2007, 05:55 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 11-12-2007, 06:27 PM
Boone & Crockett

Cool captn, good luck there.
Old 11-12-2007, 09:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

thanx guys...

really dont know how much i will deer or turkey hunt "out the back door"

dad and i were a meannnn huntin crew till i hit 16. 16 i started working, and could hunt alone. since then, ive either tagged out early and dad didnt wanna hunt, or most of the time, our schedules simply dont match up..first it was both of us working...now its him working ALOT and me in college...simply dont match up...

last year dad hunted will about 10am opening day of rifle...that was IT. dad used to hunt hard core before i could hunt...was a HARD core bowhunter...ive had STRANGERS tell me stories about him...he got out of bowhunting...and hasnt killed a buck in YEARS. he took my uncle hunting when he was 12-14(cant remember) and hasnt shot a buck since before that...i was with him when he shot some does though..dad loves venison...got half my buck gone already i think!!!

but id really like to see dad atleast get into hunting a little more, even if he hunted with a crossbow during bow season(legal in my area) or just rifle hunted...whatever...i know he loves to hunt..just dont have the time or locations..so now that we got woods in the back yard, id REALLY like to see him get back into hunting.

i may poke around a bit this late flintlock season, might even doe hunt it this weekend(legal in my area) but am not going to make it my serious stomping grounds...dad taught me everything i know....i hate to see him give it up...i KNOW hes always busy working and such..but now its kinda convinent for him to "take the rifle for a walk" or go sit on the stump out back..whatever....im just at that age already i rather see dad drag in a bruiser, than see myself drag one in....i might only be 20...and dad is only 40 somethin...but i know not too long from now i am not going to be living around here...will still come "home" but wont be living there...i just dont wanna see dad give up hunting...and think this setup may get him back into it...

me coming home saying "i just found an awesome rub line!" (found a couple rubs within bow range of my backyard!!) or "open the sliding glass door one morning this spring" i KNOW hes gunna hear birds sounding off there this spring...i KNOW it...hopefully he grabs the gun and vest and chases after them....i wont...i will grab the vest...only if he does...but aint takin the gun..id like to see dad nail a slug off "my" point i already know will be a hotspot not 200yds from the house....

maybe build a feeder for him...if he isnt going to hunt...he loves to see animals...will love seeing deer and turkey in the backyard even if he dont hunt....just cant do it if hes going to hunt...we shall see...told him take the rifle for a walk a couple times after work this season to see how many guys hunt there and such...i already know..i just want him out there...
Old 11-13-2007, 03:14 AM

Good luck on the house man. I hope you can get your dad back out there with you. That would be awesome.
Old 11-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Giant Nontypical

Can't be a better welcoming party than that, now can there?