Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 What the buck is going on in NY???? >

What the buck is going on in NY????

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

What the buck is going on in NY????

Old 11-12-2007, 10:34 AM

Default What the buck is going on in NY????

I swear the rut has nothit yet in NY ??? Any other new yorkers agree? Big bucks seem uninterested and small bucks are still chasing scrape activity is picking up but not much. Where in NY are you and how is/was/will be your rut? I am in Conklin near Binghamton.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: What the buck is going on in NY????

Not too far from you we were seeing some good action in Otsego County. Lots of pretty good deer running around the place there.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:05 AM

I am in Northen New York Redfieldand we are seeing some scraps and some rubs. But there is not much chasing but are buck to doe ratio is way off to many does to too few bucks. My cousin just sent me some photos of some deer in the sountern part of the state that are chasing. So it is starting to happen.
Old 11-12-2007, 11:40 AM
Fork Horn

Central NY here and the scrapes and rubs have been slim. Bucks have been seen moving well for about the past 5 days. Small and big bucks seen chasing but no catching yet. Just starting here, it may be a real bloody shotgun opener with the rut peaking!
Old 11-12-2007, 12:57 PM
Nontypical Buck

Saturday was the first day I saw great chasing going on, no big boyz out but I think the doe's are getting hot to trot, it is at least a week later than ususal which sucks for us bowhunters
Old 11-12-2007, 01:13 PM

Here in Honeoye lots of activity with deer moving all over due to the colder weather / snow that is happening. Shotgun is going to be a doozer.
Old 11-12-2007, 04:01 PM

"it may be a real bloody shotgun opener with the rut peaking!"
I was thinking the same thing!!!

ORIGINAL: Fletch NY

Central NY here and the scrapes and rubs have been slim. Bucks have been seen moving well for about the past 5 days. Small and big bucks seen chasing but no catching yet. Just starting here, it may be a real bloody shotgun opener with the rut peaking!
Old 11-12-2007, 04:41 PM
Boone & Crockett

"it may be a real bloody shotgun opener with the rut peaking!"
I was thinking the same thing!!!
Me too.

Seems like we're just going to miss the peak of the action. Havent' seen a lot of chasing. Scrapes and rubs are pathetic at this stage of the bowseason. Just feels like right at the opener of shotgun is going to be prime [:'(][:-].
Old 11-12-2007, 04:55 PM
Spike

Utica/Rome area......Nothing lately seen a small scrape Sat. morning.(No deer) lil snow on the ground followed some tracks from early am.Last week I seen more deer than I have this week,every1 Ive talked too said they havent see the big boys yet,just the lil guys w/ there noses to the ground.....not responding to any calls/ scents...
Old 11-12-2007, 05:21 PM
Typical Buck

Southern ny, westchester cty, the rut is on. I actually think the bucks are locking up with does RIGHT NOW due to lack of activity the last 2 days.2 days ago I saw a doe let a small buck mount her twice, then bed down and he laid next to her. Lots of chasing last week though.

Quick Reply: What the buck is going on in NY????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.