Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA Antler Restriction - DANG!! >

PA Antler Restriction - DANG!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA Antler Restriction - DANG!!

Old 11-12-2007, 09:21 AM
Fork Horn

Default PA Antler Restriction - DANG!!

I just wanted to relay to you all the story of my first time in the woods with a bow and arrow. I have been rifle hunting in PA since I was 12, but this year I decided I want to give archery a try. Well, I messed around and until I got the equipment I needed and some practice in, (long story) the only day I was going to be able to hunt was the last day of archery here in PA, which was this past Saturday. So it is my first time out by my self and I headed to Forbes state forest on Mt. Davis. I pretty much had the whole mountain to my self in the morning. I don't have a tree stand yet, so I was hunting from the ground. I picked a nice spot in a clearing that overlooked a state forest trail and sat down on a log. Well about 45 minutes latter i look back over my shoulder and seen the flick of tail coming down the road that I had just walked down. So I got my self turned around and onto one knee and got my self prepared to take a shot. I noticed it was a buck, and not an old one at that. So it turn off the road and heads down a trail about 20 yard in front of me and stops broadside right in a shooting lane! I get a great look at him while he muches on some vegetation, 2 points on this side, 2 points on that side, I am praying for one brow tine, he looks up right at me, NOTHING!! So I just have to sit there and watch him wonder away. If it would have had one more point, or no points (I have a doe tag) I could have taken a shot, but it was not to be. Oh well, I am defiantly hooked now, and will be in the woods all season come next year![/align]
Old 11-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA Antler Restriction - DANG!!

Congrats on the hunt, I see no pictures though! Good luck!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:24 AM

Don't sweat it. That sounds like a great experience!
Old 11-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

hey guys i think we got a lifer.
dont worry bout not being able to take that buck. when you see him next year you'll be glad for the antler restriction.