Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Iowa bowharvest buck >

Iowa bowharvest buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Iowa bowharvest buck

Old 11-10-2007, 08:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Iowa bowharvest buck

that is really nice
Old 11-11-2007, 03:55 PM
Typical Buck

Thanks for the kind words guys. After mulling it over for a couple days, I dropped him off at the taxidermist yesterday. I couldn't make up my mind whether to have a mount done or just do a european mount myself. I have one mount that is just about a clone to this deer and I had told myself I wouldn't mount another unless it was bigger, but I decided he would make a pretty nice companion to the one on my wall.
Old 11-11-2007, 05:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats man nice shot and great buck!!

I AM REALLY RECONSIDERING THE THOUGHT OF PEOPLE SAYING THERE IS NOT A VOID AREA WHERE A DEER CAN BE HIT AND KILLED?? IF I AM THINKING RIGHT THE FIRST ARROW WOULD BE EXACTLY WHERE PEOPLE ARGUE AND SAY THERE IS A VOID AREA, BUT THEN THERE IS SOME THAT SAY ITS IMPOSSIBLE??????????????????????????
Old 11-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Fork Horn

Swwwwwwwwweeet Buck !

Congrads
Old 11-11-2007, 06:28 PM
Nontypical Buck

WAY TO GO MAN!!!
Old 11-12-2007, 08:41 AM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: WesternMdHardwoods

Congrats man nice shot and great buck!!

I AM REALLY RECONSIDERING THE THOUGHT OF PEOPLE SAYING THERE IS NOT A VOID AREA WHERE A DEER CAN BE HIT AND KILLED?? IF I AM THINKING RIGHT THE FIRST ARROW WOULD BE EXACTLY WHERE PEOPLE ARGUE AND SAY THERE IS A VOID AREA, BUT THEN THERE IS SOME THAT SAY ITS IMPOSSIBLE??????????????????????????
Well under normal circumstances there usually isn't much if any void.The chest cavity is somewhat pressurized and the lungs go pretty much up to the top of the cavity. But, here is my theory: This particular buck jumped the string, and if he had exhaled while doing so which would be normal, it is likely that the deflated lungs pushed down slightly in the cavity while he was on the downward stroke of his jump.The arrow barely entered the chest cavity passing just below the spine. It came so close infact that according to my brother-in-law the deer initially fell immediately to the ground like a spine hit buck would, but then jumped right back up. One lung was a tiny bit pale at the top, but no cut or hemorage was found. Also keep in mind as I had stated that the top shot in that picture is deceiving as that is the exit hole. The entrance hole on the other side is much higher. More often than not, that shot would have killed that deer. I wonder if he had used a broadhead with a 2" wide cut like mine on the bottom if that would have brought him down for good. In any case we were both thrilled at the fact he survived and I was presented with another chance at him.
Old 11-12-2007, 08:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

Great buck!! Great story! And welcome.