Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Expert help needed >

Expert help needed

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Expert help needed

Old 11-09-2007, 09:32 AM

Default Expert help needed

I just got access to hunt some privet land around the corner from my house. It is around the corner from my house and the owner is letting only myself and one other guy to hunt it. My problem is this. It is mostly wetlands/swamp and I have never hunted this kind of area before. Been hunting corn field areas. The other problem is I only have a ground blind. I have not scouted this area yet in person, only by Google Earth. My questions is this: What am i looking for in hunting this area? How do I hunt this? Please help me out. I would like to get in there this weekend, possibley hunting the day and afternoon.
Any and all advise is appreciated.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:02 AM

Default RE: Expert help needed

Im assuming that the area is pretty thick, that would prolly be a good bedding area if its not to wet, even so its definately gonna be some securtiy for any pressured deer in the area I'd buy a treestand and get off the ground where you can see better, and sit all day if possible, bucks should be searching for does pretty good through there. Good Luck!!!!!
Old 11-09-2007, 11:08 AM
Typical Buck

Find a small ditch or creek. They are natural funnels, and you will see deer traveling down them all the time. I would rather hunt over a ditch than a scrape. I have had huge success going into woods that I have never scouted before, finding a ditch and hunting. A couple of weeks a go I hunted a woods the first time, got an aerial and found the boundaries. I went in, found a ditch, spooked six deer walking down the ditch while I was putting my climber up. I ended up killing a nice 7 point that evening. Good luck.
Old 11-09-2007, 11:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

How big is it and what does it border? I had a place like that up in NY and it held some nice bucks when the pressure was on.