Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Where do you work? >

Where do you work?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Where do you work?

Old 11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
Typical Buck

Default Where do you work?

I'ma freshman here at the University of WI-Stevens Point, and i just got done talkin to a buddy of mine down at Madison and we're both pretty unsure of what we want to do when we grow up, if we grow up. I'm headin in the direction of forest management and he's into ag business, but we were throwin around the idea of tryin to get a huntin show goin after college. I was just wonderin if any of you guys and gals have jobs that allow you ample time to hunt, or get you into the outdoors every so often. anybody here workin with a dnr or fish and game department sort of job? just thought this would make for some interesting conversation while i wait very impatiently for WI's gun opener... only 11 more days!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:55 AM

Default RE: Where do you work?

Firefighter/Paramedic 24 hrs on 48 hrs off, plenty of time for huntin.
Old 11-06-2007, 11:56 AM

i do not work with the dnr or anything like that but i do get to spend alot of time in the woods . i am a correctional officer at a federal prison.i love my job!
Old 11-06-2007, 11:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

I spent most of the last 25 years in the Navy. Certainly gave me a great opportunity to see many places I would not have seen otherwise. It did impact the hunting, however. Now I work for a GPS software company. I mostly do cartography and help with the software development. I also do a lot of testing. This is a great reason to get out and hunt!
Old 11-06-2007, 12:08 PM

Great idea for a thread. I am also in college and would like to know what people do and if their jobs afford them the time to get into the woods. More responses please.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:12 PM

I work in IT at Prudential Financial.... And get 21 days off a year (sick and vaca combined).. So yes i get ample amount of time to hunt actually i have a week scheduled off for rifle opener here in pa... also took off the 12th so i have a 3 day weekend to hunt in ny..
Old 11-06-2007, 12:16 PM
Nontypical Buck

I work for a software company and work most days out of the house. My boss understands my obsession and has no problem with me answering emails from my Blackberry in the treestand.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:18 PM
Giant Nontypical

Electrical crew leader University of Dallas in Irving Tx.

You know why adults are always asking kids what they want to be when they grow up? The adults are looking for ideas.

I get a total of 42 paid days off per year. I use most of that time to hunt.
Old 11-06-2007, 12:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

I work at Lake Norman Choppers a company that I started a couple of years back after working (wasting away) for a large corporation. I build and service Custom Choppers and Harley Davidsons. I finally hunt when I want to .
Old 11-06-2007, 12:26 PM

I'm an LPN with a month left in school for my RN. Being a nurse affords me many opportunities. They need nurses everywhere. You can work nights, evenings, days, 8 or 12hour shifts,etc. I plan on moving to East Central Ohio just for the better hunting opportunities than where I'm currently living at (Northwest Ohio).

Quick Reply: Where do you work?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.